Hey Brittney: None of those star athlete, sex, sexual orientation, or race cards work in Russia

I’m none of those things Robert. The genesis of these problems start between the ages of 12-14. Often earlier due to family legacy.

The answer lies in the stories of those incarcerated. I’m telling you jail is not the answer for the chronic offender who has never seen your life or my life.

We can throw our tax money at jails to feed and house them. Or, we can start now with our youth and provide a real alternative.

Unfortunately, all the values you and I have are being eroded by the left. God, nuclear family, discipline, hard work, self reliance, competition, leadership etc have no value to them.

2 Likes

I went on a business trip to Saudi Arabia in the late 1990’s. I had to sign a document that warned me in bold print that the penalty for possession of drugs (of any type) was DEATH just in order to get a visa. The penalty for stealing was more modest, you only would get a hand chopped off. Guess what? You might not like the other parts of their culture, but there were no drug problems and theft was exceedingly rare. Deterrence works.

Brittney (or her handlers) should have been much better informed and shown much more respect for Russia’s laws. She deserves a reprimand, for sure. Still, in our eyes, nine years is harsh and reeks of politics/gamesmanship, making her a political prisoner. I hope that she is freed in the near future, by whatever means. She has likely already learned her lesson(s). However, my first thought was she is darn lucky she wasn’t traveling to Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

when I was in the Navy one of the things they told us over and over was, when You are in another country You are subject to their laws. Like them or not, agree with them or not , if You break a law in a foreign country You are subject to their law. It doesn’t have to be a good law, it doesn’t even have to make any sense to You…You break it You bought it !

6 Likes

What makes you think she wasn’t? She knew exactly what she was doing. Here privilege got checked at the arrival gate. She was treated no different than any other international traveler. It was made political by the media.

3 Likes

I am thinking that she has to be smarter than that and just made a mental mistake or had a lapse in judgment… If she had checked the laws for herself or someone had warned her she might be locked up (for any amount of time) for possessing a cannabis-based product, she would have been smart enough to not possess that item. She likely travels a fair amount internationally and did not have problems in other countries, so perhaps got a bit lax about her travel habits.

C’mon guys. 9 years??? That’s way too long.

1 Like

This may be Russias method if controlling drugs. Make the sentence so severe no one will dare to commit this crime.

Meanwhile in the US we protect criminals with multiple crimes with the revolving door justice system.

So who is more effective?

1 Like

They may have thought they were going easy on her. Marc Fogel got 14 years for basically the same thing but nobody’s talking about him.

2 Likes

Maybe they were easy on her for her discontent with the US.

2 Likes

Did some research…

Griner was reportedly in possession of several vape containers of hash oil, which contains concentrated THC (i.e. so it was indeed an illegal narcotic). The standard sentence in Russia is 5 to 10 years, likely hard labor. Although she has a medical prescription, she says she has no idea how the vape containers got in her luggage and claimed it was due to hasty packing.

I am now thinking she got the higher sentence (9 years) due to the amount of hash oil. There are two other Americans in Russian prisons on similar convictions, so Brittney’s case is not unprecedented.

1 Like

The bottom line is …their country ,their laws…If a Russian citizen did the same thing they would face the same punishment, why should it be different for an American?

4 Likes

Why does she not want the National Anthem played? Anyone know?

I was at a youth football game today, approximately half the parents stood for the National Anthem. It was painful to watch.

3 Likes

Why? What are they all protesting?

Yeah, and the seller knows nothing about the fresh paint over the leak stain :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

She is protesting the original song not the song played before game time. That would be like calling your state Mexico and getting pissed about it. It was Mexico in 1821. Seven years before that the original Star-Spangled Banner was written. Talk about dwelling in the past.

never

1 Like

Depends if we are talking about the recreational drug user, or the drug dealers, supplying the opportunity for children to get addicted to drugs… My 22 year old nephew overdosed on heroin about 4 years ago now… He was found by his father (my brother) about an hour after he passed…
Its a matter of saving lives, although I agree with Brian, that more needs to be done with the youth to keep the addiction from happening in the first place.

We are always reacting to a problem, rather than being proactive in the first place.

2 Likes

It’s how OBiden got elected! :rofl:

2 Likes