Hey Brittney: None of those star athlete, sex, sexual orientation, or race cards work in Russia

They don’t care that you can bounce a ball, that you are female, that you’re down with girls, or that the very top layer of your skin is slightly darker than the average Russian’s. I’m married to a woman who was born in the U.S.S.R. They just don’t care about that stupid stuff.

That said, 9 years is absurd. Just like the 40,000 Americans in U.S. prisons on recreational drug offenses is absurd.

I hope Biden get you out, and lets our people out.

Brittney-Griner14

3 Likes

All I know is that if we do a prisoner swap to get her out of trouble on drug charges, how do we continue to hold citizens in our own correctional facilities on drug charges?

6 Likes

All I know is that if we do a prisoner swap to get her out of trouble on drug charges, how do we continue to hold citizens in our own correctional facilities on drug charges?

EXACTLY!

3 Likes

It would be nice to see people mind their own business and not worry so much about what other people want to smoke, drink, inject, absorb, or eat. The war on drugs has been nothing but a collosal money drain. People will find a way to do whatever they want to do.

3 Likes

Consider the source of the charges…Russia.

In my mind, she is guilty of nothing under that regime. I have no confidence in their system in regards to an American’s guilt or innocence. (Least we forget, we are in a proxy war with Russia and we look weak again!)

Get her home ASAP.

I agree her sentence is harsh. But I’m ok with her staying there for a year or two so she might learn to appreciate the freedoms she inherited by being a US citizen. Seems like she wasn’t really appreciating her freedom and rights until now.

6 Likes

Man, you’re tough.

I consider her a prisoner of war.

Second, to have a grievance with America is completely American. I disagree with everything she has ever “said” about America, but that doesn’t mean I think she should spend a year or two in a Russian prison.

She needs to come home. Just my two cents.

We have 40,000 Americans who lost their freedom over recreational drug use or addiction. We’re a somewhat free country, but not that free. I just spent 2 hours at the county paying to register ATVs that I only use on my own farm.

“C.R.S. 33-14.5-112. Operating an unregistered ATV, or even owning one, is a crime”

So much for that “freedom” silliness: • Ranking: most prisoners per capita by country 2021 | Statista.

Countries with the most number of prisoners per 100,000 citizens:

I think we can all throw out those silly Lee Greenwood albums.

1 Like

I agree, she should not spend 9 years in a Russian prison. But I’m also hoping that she realizes how good she had it in this country. Seems like many of the later generations don’t understand how the world works.

2 Likes

I get all sides on this but am closest to Ryan U for the most part. Something about trashing the USA then asking us to come to your defense when it’s convenient just doesn’t sit right. I totally agree that the number of low-level drug offenders sitting in our prisons is despicable. But, to some extent I think that is an apples/oranges comparison since 99.9% of those folks are out of the public eye. Fame (and fortune) comes at a cost both good and bad.

The best way I can sum up my feelings of Brittney is one of my favorite sayings: “You’d better watch out for the toes you are stepping today as they may be attached to the ass you are kissing tomorrow.” I don’t think she deserves anything close to the sentence she received but she’d sure be a lot easier to root for if not for some of her past positions and quotes.

2 Likes

You have a reasonable argument. Less prisons more rehabilitation centers.

There are many perspectives. In my opinion, we are over policed and under served.

Here in Atlanta, no one serves the lost. No one loves the poverty stricken, under educated, fatherless male.

These youth slip into survival mode where crime and gangs become their classroom and family. Chaos and violence is the norm. In fact, they have no idea what a family dinner table looks like.

Last night, I went to our county Sheriff’s anti gang/anti bullying dinner. We are failing these kids. The incarceration rate is our report card and the results are pathetic.

5 Likes

Personally I don’t care how long she spends in a Russian prison. Her entire reason for being there is Greed. She can’t stand for the Anthem why should the USA stand for her. Being able to dribble is not a needed skill.

7 Likes

More chain gangs will solve the problem faster than a government funded (taxpayer) wasteful rehabilitation center.

Brittneys privilege got her a ticket to Russia. She behaved poorly by smuggling drugs into the country. We all know the rules and let’s not pretend we don’t.

Her privilege may play part of releasing a terrorist. This is disgusting. Kids today need to watch Midnight Express and see what happens in other countries when you smuggle drugs. Maybe she will stand for the flag when Joey springs her….probably not. I say let her soak. When you make adult decisions you need to be held liable.

6 Likes

Any argument that starts with a list of world prison populations is distorted.to begin with. We don’t have too many prisoners, we have too many people committing crimes! We have an advanced (supposed) society that separates Humanity by class, race, religion, and sex and fosters resentment and envy amongst them all and you expect to create rehabilitation centers. What are you smokin’?

1 Like

I was speaking to Nick’s comment about 40,000 people in jail for drug/addiction issues.

Jail doesn’t fix that.

1 Like

And you know this how? Anyone that tells you that incarceration or the death penalty is not a disincentive for crime (including drugs) is full of it. At this point in time the overwhelming defund the police, go soft on drugs, don’t lock up the young attitude is destroying every major city in the country. The main deficit in this culture is personal responsibility. If you don’t, won’t, or are encouraged not to accept responsibility for your actions you’re not going anywhere. You just become a drag on everyone else.

3 Likes

2 Likes