Home Inspection Attire

Here in Florida Cargo Shorts ( 8 pockets for all your equipment) and an inspector shirt. nicely pressed.

I dont wear coveralls, I wear khakis and a light blue long sleeve button up shirt but I only wear it to one inspection and when I have more than one inspection in a day I just change in the truck with a spare outfit.

Got my Wrangler Riggs work wear rip stop nylon carpenter pants last week. Nice! Very heavy duty, extra heavy duty pockets. Still cooler than standard khakis. Available in odd numbered waist sizes too, not just the evens like you see every where. They aren’t as cool as the thinner Wrangler rip stop nylon cargo khakis so great for those cooler days that we get in the winter. Overall I recommend them!

depends who’s wearing it…you haven’t even seen him in it. :mrgreen:

Well, I’m very patriotic, so I always wear the red, white, and blue! :cool:

For some reason I’m doubting that’s you Michael.

Maybe he’s “coming out” :stuck_out_tongue:

You are seeing (1) the other guys before they do the work or (2) the company’s representative or (3) someone on the way to a Realtor office presentation.

The attic is the third to the last area I inspect. The roof is the second to the last because I want to go into the attic first to see what I’m going to be walking around on. The crawlspace is the last area I inspect because when I come out looking like a I just crawled out of a tomb, I don’t want to be doing anything else other than going home to take a shower.

Indeed.

lol, it’s what my wife sees when she closes her eyes. That’s all that matters :mrgreen:

I would add that you should always have a roll of TP in your bag. Here’s why:

Inspected a 2 flat in the city about 3 years ago. Unoccupied and somewhat trashed out, in need of rehab. I felt that I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the inspection (# 2, it happens). When I was sitting down on the toilet, halfway down, I SPRAYED the toilet, if you know what I mean (Dang Mexican food!).

So, I was all messy and the fixture looked like it had been spray painted brown with a shotgun load.

I finished my business, frantically looking around for some means to clean up myself and the mess. Finally, I saw some old wallpaper that had peeled off. Using this wallpaper, and rinsing it in the basin, I was able to clean up. Took about 15 minutes, but G-d was gracious and the client and his realtor were busy walking around the rest of the building.

Now I carry a roll of toilet paper and a couple of microfiber rags in my bag.

PLEASE!!! Learn from my mistake. Stuff happens, sometimes literally!.

Hope this helps;

You didn’t really need to share that story.

Agreed, TMI… Try editing that narrative.

Dom.

It’s called full disclosure. :mrgreen:

did You re-hang that wallpaper?

I dress as nice as possible, with lots of shirt options. Tool and vehicle colors are coordinated whenever possible as well. All about branding. I am a Dockers guy as most of the time in any inspection is spent in living space. Carharts feel like I am wearing a canvas tent. It is a tactile thing. I don’t want a lot of pockets to fill, because I will fill them and then you start banging into things. Look good, you play good. That being said, I carry sheets, cut boxes for crawl space entries ( i have a set that is 3 years old), hard and soft knee pads, tyvek suits and a change of clothes. I never wear shorts. I don’t care how hot it is. My Doctor doesn’t wear shorts when he sees me, teachers (unless they are gym teachers) don’t wear shorts, my accountant doesn’t wear shorts. Just my thing about looking professional. I want people to see the most detail possible and look at me and see a Right Guard commercial. " Never let em see you sweat!" Perception. You wouldn’t want your Dr sweating all over you prior to surgery or being a dirty mess. Same mindset. Just me.

1 Like

5 Gallon bucket and garbage bags. You can thank me later. We aren’t animals after all are we? LMAO regarding this. Another thing I wont do is use the bathroom in a home. Too many other stories of inspectors over flowing toilets…and well, this! Food and beverage management is a key element to service work!
Quality!

Ahhhhh as I’m cooking dinner.

Thanks for sharing :smiley:

Ewwwww at least i’nm still tough enough for my newest beenie weenie surprise I am trying.

Tomorrow I may have a similar story.