Home Inspector Plus offering InterNACHI member discounts.

http://www.homeinspectorplus.com/pricing-internachi.php

Does anyone presently use this service?

I put in a request to demo it and try it out. I’ve been solid with the onsite reporting speed of ReportHost for quite some time. Would take something really unique/functional/fast to impress me.

No sample report? :roll:

A sample of the report would be nice…

I sent them two emails and a registered letter in the last week that their name is too close to the Home Inspector Pro corporation name and trademark, no response yet. We’ll see if they respond before I have to get an attorney involved (lucky for me my dad has his own firm). I welcome competition but that name is WAY too close to ours.

1 Like

LOL, looks like they copied their terms of service DIRECTLY from ReportHost’s site and even forgot to remove the word ReportHost!

http://www.homeinspectorplus.com/termsofuse.php

reporthost.jpg

reporthost2-on-homeinspectorplus.jpg

Dom, If they are going to use your name, they should at least have the courtesy to use your terms of service. :wink:

LOL!!

OH , thought this was a HIP deal.
How confusing.

Looks like cr-pware.

(note) They show cell phones but there is not Home Inspector Plus on the Play Store.

Looks like you need to get your new vendor’s ethical code in place, Nick.

They have copied much of our Terms of Use, but have something that everyone should be aware of:

*"Therefore, by posting or distributing User Content to or through the Services, you (a) grant Home Inspector Plus and its affiliates and subsidiaries a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable right to use, display, perform, reproduce, distribute, publish, modify, adapt, translate, and create derivative works from such User Content, in the manner in and for the purposes for which the Services from time to time use such User Content; (b) represent and warrant that (i) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute that User Content, to or through the Services; and (ii) the use and posting or other transmission of such User Content does not violate these Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.

If your User Content is intended for the use of other Users (for example, if you issue invoices to Customers or authorize third parties to access your User Content), you also grant us and our affiliates and subsidiaries a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable right to sublicense such User Content to such Users for their use in connection with their use of the Services, as described in Section 5 of these Terms.

These licenses from you are non-exclusive because you have the right to use your User Content elsewhere. They are royalty-free because we are not required to pay you for the use of your User Content on the Services. And they are transferable because we need the right to transfer these licenses to any successor operator of the Services. Our rights to “modify, adapt, translate, and create derivative works from” are necessary because the normal operation of the Services does this to your User Content when it processes it for use in the Services."*

By using their service you have given them royalty-free use of all your information. This is not limited to report template content you may develop, but the contents of your reports and your customer information including invoices, including sublicensing that information to other “Users.”

I believe that their claim to needing these rights to operate their services are bogus.

Do you think inspectors ought to give all rights to their business information to their inspection software company? And for them to sublicense that information to others?

And if you like that, check out what they have to say about their right to advertise to you (and your customers?) with no liability on their part.

YIKES!!! Great find Scott. There was just a huge discussion about this on here.

Looks like our Vendor COE can’t be adopted fast enough. See #7: http://www.nachi.org/vendor-ethics.htm

LOL.