How is business lately ? (poll)

Foreclosures and short sales are the norm in my area. They are everywhere and most have copper pipes missing throughout the building. So that leaves me with no choice but to disclaim all plumbing and heating and still charge full price for the inspection.

I’m doing 5-7 a week. I’d love to be real busy, but this slow R/E market gives me more time, with the kids and upgrading the home.

Knew I shouldn’t have said anything. Haven’t had a serious call since that post (2 days). That will teach me to keep my mouth shut.

…I got busy recently.

No such thing as comfortable in this business.

Just got this info from a local Title / Escrow Company for my county in Western Washington. Has it slowed down? You betcha… And it has really slowed up since August. No telling what the number will be for Sept and Oct. :mad:

August-2007 to August-2008 -Pierce County

Residential sales volume: off 45% to $1.6 billion
Residential transactions: off 42% to 5,455
Mobile home sales on land: off 63% to $44 million
Plexes (2-5 units) sales: off 57% to $36 million
Land sales: off 65% to $100 million

Ouch

I see trailors sell better than 2 flats near you ,yet they have the biggest decline.

Last two months of the year are usually my best. Holiday and all.

I almost quit last year, when I got nothing November -December.

Right after Christmas it picked up and I went full time.

Right now, I’m looking to hire another inspector.

It’s a hopping market right now.

I’m also starting to get busy with IR. I have two IR scans tomorrow.

This year has been better than last year, but the past few weeks have been slow. :slight_smile:

same here

It’s also been a good year here but the market has slowed. I called many agents today to get a sense for it. Lot’s of inventory but buyers not pulling the trigger. Many deals not closing and banks getting squirrely on foreclosures due to bailout.

Seems the soft market that has affected other regions early has hit us here now. Should not last long because home prices here are not inflated and interest rates are low.

It should get even better, now that Pot is decriminalized.

It is slow but steady here, probably the best year ever though!

Best year I have had …in years, gotta love the PNW

I have been so busy I have been passing 2-3 inspections off to other inspectors. Next year plan on hiring if all goes as planned:)

I may have to move to Bellevue. The south sound has been dead. I mean dead like “is my phone working”? I’ve talked to inspectors in Kitsap County, Thurston County and Pierce County. Well known inspectors who have been in the business for 15-20+ years have said it has never been so slow.

Amazing what 60 miles will do.

Yeah,

Now anyone can come to Massachusetts and smoke pot and legally get married to the same sex. It’s one big party here.

What the hell are the voters here thinking?

Pot has been legal in Alaska for many moons now. It was legal everywhere until 1939, I believe.

Yeah, I know. I was stationed in Ft. Richardson Alaska back in 1982. The weed was everywhere (off base).

I’ve got the munchies, I’ll be right back.

http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/files/u107/Joint.jpg

I was eating breakfast in a cafe in Ketchikan, when a local named Rudy Toot,(real name) sat down and dropped a Dime bag on the table, and started rolling one. :shock::shock::shock:My buddies and I freaked and started leaving real fast, then Ol’ Rudy said Hell, it’s legal up here to carry an OZ or less, if you don’t believe me ask him, (a cop sitting a few tables away) who just nodded yes. :cool: We thought it was a Federal Law. :D:D:D:D P.S. When we all broke out laughing at his name, he laid a 357 Magnum on the table and said,“I wouldn’t laugh too hard boys!” Great time. :smiley: