How to install perimeter drain - This old house

looks like they sprayed on tar/mastic = damproofing, they call it waterproofing.

1:35 they lay down cheap plastic drain tile, depth will be around 6 - 6 1/2’,
manufacturer of D tile, “We recommend you do NOT use plastic perforated drain tile at depths greater than 4’ as the weight of backfill material can this drain tile to collapse”

3:20 they backfill with about 4" of gravel and they lay FILTER FABRIC over drain tile and claim,
“We want to make SURE NONE of the dirt clogs holes in perimeter drain tile”

Well, sand/dirt WILL go into their cheap drain tile , bet the house on it $$$$$ incompetent claim

-So we don’t know if they applied hydraulic cement IN-OVER rod holes before the thin tar,
-no visqueen etc to protect thin tar
-they use cheap drain tile that manufacturer says, do NOT use at this depth
-they misinform people about filter fabric

And the sand backfill will settle n some will get BEHIND that R 10 and loosen it off the wall a bit

If they’re so concerned (lol pfft!) about dirt getting in drain tile then backfilling with ALL gravel would have been a little better idea eh = rookies

If Bubba gets and wears pretty white safety helmet then will Bubba look as PROFESSIONAL as these guys? “Look” professional but don’t “be” professional at your trade eh, pfft

Whammer Jammer

Yeah and lets backfill by dropping dirt 15’ from an excavator bucket since that will self compact that way. That show had some entertainment value once upon a time, but they have done some stupid SH… over the years since “blondie” took over as host.

1 Like

Keep up the good work, Mark… :+1:

2 Likes

But, it’s on TV so it must be the right way?? :joy: I did like the white safety helmets.

1 Like

Mark be happy! if @lkage & @mcyr built better you would be out of work! :upside_down_face: :smile:

Working Man’s brain bucket

1 Like

I can’t remember ever digging up a piece of that black pipe that wasn’t smashed flat…

2 Likes

We tried and tried, Simon. :wink:

Some are just better than others… :flushed:

ummmm no sir, cracks would still occur and subsequent leaky basements due to many things like expansive clay, underground tree roots etc… got milk? How ya doing Mr Simon?

1 Like

Just 4 u Steve

**It’s amazing how non stop critical u can be MARK/STEVE. U even go look for videos to ridicule. But where r yours? Let us see how you do your jobs. It’s easy to ridicule others when you don’t have to risk uploading your own videos of your own jobs for comparison. No one is perfect and no job will b perfect. Shit happens. What matters is always doing your best. each and everyday. Even so, some days “best” are better than others. I’ll never b perfect or ever say I am. I simply do my best which includes honesty, integrity and compassion. 3 traits to live by which make for a successful life.

This video might have one or two things a contractor or Inspector might not know. Might be some good info for someone. Like, not everything always goes as planned so always have a backup. As for you Mark/Steve? Feel free to do your thing. Lot’s of fodder 4 your criticizing expertise. God Bless u Steve/Mark/Bubba… Daniel J OConnor**

loollollllllllllllllllllllll no, Bubba has never posted his videos anywhere…

1 blind mouse, 1 blind mouse, see how it cries, see how it cries…

169808155_289466642672224_6702178994615369833_n

Who’s Steve?

Mark has posted plenty of HIS videos…that include guaranties against water intrusion into the basement/crawlspace.

Dan, what happened to Tabitha in Pennsuaken job?

Caption under Dan O’s last video in-part goes,
’ i lost my assistant, hired 3 replacements, then fired 3 replacements’

But Dan, remember you told us you have big time money and that you are the best so, NO worries lil buddy

hmm i wonder if Dan has ever HAND dug say, 1 wall in 1 day n waterproofed it n backfilled it w/most-all gravel, i bet ya he has not lol