How to repair a water leak!!

From today’s inspection,

The P-Trap did not leak until I moved the electrical tape with my screwdriver!!

Good lesson for me and probably all HI if something looks like it doesn’t belong…it probably doesn’t!!

All it needed was a Home Depot price sticker on it. :roll:

Nice an admission of guilt!

<shaking head>

:wink:

Well, hopefully you wrote it up as an improper repair.

Everyone knows the proper method to repair a p-trap is duct tape! :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

**DOH !!! :shock: :frowning: **

“MagicWrap” is my preferance.

I second the duct tape motion.

That looks like friction tape and everyone knows that that is not allowed. Alternative to duct tape is a hose clamp and small piece of rubber.

Alright guys, out with the duct tape, there is a new kid on the block. ha. ha.

http://samplerewards.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=732

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

Good morning gentlemen!!

I like your responses!! They all managed to put a smile on my face!
This (vacant) house is a $hit box with all sorts of problems including electrical. I posted pics in the electrical section from this house.

Two new kids

https://mightyputty.com/spark/index.php?ai=8

:mrgreen:

Must be cousins’.:smiley: :mrgreen:

Long lost.

Marcel :slight_smile:

“Magic Wrap”
Vinyl electrical tape works great :slight_smile:

Funny how we used to laugh and make fun of the home owners that used automobile radiator hoses for trap connectors and now WE sometimes do the same thing with Fernco adapters.

I always carry electrical tape so would have rewrapped it . lol

Marcel,

That’s the Magic Wrap I mentioned. Great stuff for me to use in my own home (138 yr old farm house) but I would still write it up in a home inspection as a temporary emergency repair.

Paul, it must work good on your brass water pipes then right? Hey, it’s a do as I say and not what I do world isn,t it? :mrgreen:

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

Marcel I don’t think magic wrap is approved in our area yet.
And BTW I don’t want to think about some of the stuff I’ve done at my place in the past to get by, let alone write a report.

I think that if we objectively look around our own houses there would be many things that we would write up in an inspection report for a client but tend to ignore in our own houses.

Not much different than the overweight doctor telling his clients that they need to loose weight.

Including mine Paul. :smiley: :wink:

Marcel :slight_smile: