I don't need this

What a week, yesterday my tablet broke. Today my camera broke, and it’s only Wednesday!
Fortunately I have insurance on both. I will have to send the tablet in for repairs (last time it took a month) and I am returning the camera that is 18 months old for a full refund. I always take a 2 or 3 year extended warranty on this kind of equipment for that very reason. It’s just such an inconvenience.

That sucks ! But why not just buy another tablet rather than wait s month?

I dropped my computer from a roof yesterday :roll: That was the third time in 5 years. Fortunately, it never missed a beat :mrgreen: ToughBook

Oh, and my camera, well I drop that sucker at least once a week. It’s pretty dinged up, but works perfectly… Olympus

This will save your camera

I dropped a flashlight when I was in high school. That was 41 years ago. With the lashing my wise old grandmother gave me, I have not dropped anything since!

Good idea, thanks for the tip.

Both replaced today, had to invest $800.
So now I await the refund checks.

The Toughbook is pricey but I’m sure it is worth it! I went with a Motion CL910. It is about 1/2 the price but still built for rugged use. Maybe not as tough as the ToughBook?

I also have the same camera as you.

I think it depends on the item you wish to warranty.
Gotta look at risk-reward.

I find most of the warranties a little pricey on electronics and so far (fingers crossed) only dropped a phone to shatter the glass one time which kept working till I could upgrade.

Last thing I want in electronics is last years model…:slight_smile:

Aubrey,

Long time no hear.

The best thing I did when I purchased my tablet / pc convertible even though it KILLED me was to spend the ridiculous money for onsite next day service repair.

I am on the 3rd one. If it were not for that crazy “in my old way of thinking overpayment” I would have been shut down for weeks at a time and would just have to buy a new one on the spot to keep working. I never did that type of stuff when I was rolling in dough. “probably should have”

With something as important as the computer I use every day even in my current s h i ttty situation I paid a premium for the best and next or same day service.

It gives you something to hold them to to get the service you need to stay working.

Even with it they have tried to tell me to send it to them for evaluation and wait for their response. " told them NOT A CHANCE.

Luckily for me I could say pound sand that is not what I paid for. i PAID WAY MORE UP FRONT BUT WITHOUT DOING SO THEY WOULD HAVE SCREWED ME AROUND FOR LIKELY WEEKS AT A TIME AT LEAST 3 TIMES. DAMN CAPS.

Buying the best of the best service and warranty was one of the best decisions I have made in the last 6 years or so. I have not made many good ones but that has sure saved me.

I am sure many have remembered my posts titled MY Lenovo Experience which detailed the crap I have went through.

So far so good on unit number three but it seems to be getting hot more readily than it used to and that was the problem with the last one.

It got so hot all the time that it could not be used as a LAPTOP because it burnt me.

Remember NEVER accept their sorry excuses or answers and always demand for the product or service you have paid for. Document everything and take no prisoners. Sad but true.

GOOD LUCK.

Bob,

So far every time they have updated me to the newest stuff and the last time the guy was EVENTUALLY great and I got features I did not previously have. The time before sucked and I lost features but got back to work within a few days. It all depends on who handles your case. I always try the sugar approach first and normally it works. When it does not then I raise hell and that normally gets the job done.

Actually, most, if not all, extended warranties provide you with the latest and the greatest. In some cases what you had and broke is still their latest and greatest. Just depends on when you broke it, two weeks after you bought it or two years after you bought it.

Amazing what you can get replaced if you talk to the right people without the warranty .:mrgreen:

Again it all depends on the warranty cost.
Buying a cheap tablet it is not really worth the time or money…just go get another one.

A $2,000 computer may be different and as I mentioned it is all about cost added to the product at time of purchase.
Factory often has a one year warranty built in .
With [the cloud] devices are becoming disposable as the important info is never lost when backed up properly.

Dropped the camera…Ooops pop out the micro SD.