Time to replace the tablet

Hello. For those who will share, what mobile device are you using during the HI? It’s time to replace my 7” Galaxy Tab since it’s old to the point the OS and the HI software will no longer update on it. Originally picked this size as it will fit in a back pocket when trucking up ladders and across the roof. Thanks for any info!

10.2 iPad with Newtrent case.
Works like a champ. Goes with me everywhere - ladders, attic, crawlspace, etc.

I use an IPad 11” for the majority of the inspection and my iPhone for roof, attic and crawl space. The software syncs between the two devices. Very helpful.

Just curious, which software are you using to get them to sync up? Thanks, John

iPhone for everything at inspection, iPad to review and finish report.

1 Like

I’m using Tapinspect. It only works on Apple. I used to have an Android phone and used the iPad exclusively, bu the iPad was cumbersome in tight spaces and getting up on roofs. My daughter bought me an iPhone and I was happy to find that they synced up nicely. So, I can switch between devices throughout the inspection.

John Wheeler
Wheeler Home Services LLC
615 397-0975

1 Like

HomeGauge. I’m to the point the report is 99% complete from the companion software on the tablet. I end up loading IR of the load center and any other moisture anomalies and the 360 photos from the computer. WDI reports are from the computer too. Yesterday’s inspection was 3600 sq ft home. Took maybe 15 minutes to wrap up and send. Most of that was download/up load those 360 and IR photos.

Fujitsu convertible 12" tablet / laptop

I use a Samsung S10 with HomeGauge, I’m 99% done when I leave the property, it takes great pictures

Does TapInspect cover all of the reporting bases for you? At this point I would rather pay per inspection then get into a monthly fee software package. Thanks, John

Here is a link to one of their sample reports.

Hi John, I started off paying $5.00 per inspection. Now I do $60/mo subscription since I do well over 12 inspections per month.

The software and reports work fine for me and I’ve had great responses from clients and agents.

John Wheeler
Wheeler Home Services LLC
615 397-0975