I found a really good blog by a real estate broker.

http://www.thectrealtyblog.com/journal/

Of course you like it -you are the featured author on the roofing article :slight_smile:

Which, by the way , was really good.

Nothing like tooting your own horn. Good article Nick. Now don’t get Russell started on a rant, OK?

I emailed him the thread link. LOL!

Awesome article! Thanks for sharing…

Is it very informative but that tan on black text color doesn’t seem to be so reader friendly after a few minutes. By the end of the article, it kept wanting to go 3-D on me. Maybe it’s just me but if anyone else ever says anything than you’ll know.

Mr. Cyr help Nick?

I know the post is old Nick but you missed something
When you purchase a home, your offer should be contingent upon favorable review of a building inspection that you (as the buyer) pay for. A building inspection by a qualified inspector (www.ashi.com) should be completed within 5 days of a negotiated binder agreement or as agreed by seller and buyer at the time of agreement, and made part of that agreement.
Opps. ASHI got the jabber.
A little more.
rule of thumb- ***If you and/or your Realtor can notice defects ***at the time you view the home, you make the offer with that knowledge.
What a grok of horse dung. If the Realtor see defects.

1. If the item has to do with safety, it should be addressed.
  2. If the item has to do with anything that could fall under the heading “Protect Your Investment” it should also be addressed.
    Some examples of both and do’s and dont’s for renegotiating:
    A roof that needs replacement because of age - DON’T (your Realtor should have seen this)
    A roof that needs replacement because of defective shingles DO
    A furnace that is older but still working DON’T
    A furnace that is not working properly DO
    An electrical panel that is not upgraded DON’T
    Double tapped breakersor safety issues in the electrical panel DO
    Asbestos related materials present and confirmed DO
    Leaking pipes DO
    Hardwood floors that need refinishing DON’T

Look a the spelling errors.

Typical agents view of a negotiation.