I got this e-mail today

CUSTOMER INFORMATION
NAME: Jeff Wise
EMAIL ADDRESS: hisinspections@msn.com
You have a false hood on your web site that states that Your organization is the only one that requires a test. AII, ASHI are just 2 of the other reputable organzations that require exams. the national exam is required by many states as well and will probably be required here before too long for licensing. You are right, that some organizations such as HIF dont require anything but a fee. But what you are saying on your site is not true. It should be changed.
THIS COMPLETES THE INQUIRY

This is my responce to him

Jeff,
What my web site says is true You can join other organizations by paying a fee and take the exam latter, (NACHI the only organization that requires it’s members to pass a certification exam prior to becoming a member.)

Quote From ASHI WEB Site: (Who is eligible to take the ASHI Membership I’m a Professional Home Inspector…
I’m a Certified Home Inspector by the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors.

Anyone can take the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE) or ASHI’s Standards and Ethics Examination. These exams are required for individuals to qualify for full ASHI membership. Also, several states require passing the NHIE for licensure. Check with your state regulatory agency to verify existing licensure requirements.)

It is clear here that ashi wants your money up front and does not care that you have any qualifications as a candidate member. NACHI requires an entrance exam before membership is excepted.

ASI QUOTE
I understand:

That as an ASHI CANDIDATE, I am not a full MEMBER of ASHI. I may not vote or hold national office, and may not exercise any of the other rights of membership.
I also understand that until I receive written notice from ASHI that I have officially been accepted as a MEMBER (or Candidate with Logo Use Privileges), I may not and will not use the ASHI name or logo to advertise, or imply in any promotional material that I am affiliated with ASHI. This restriction includes, but is not limited to, all Yellow Page directory advertising, company brochures, internet website, stationery, and resumes. I fully understand and agree that if I violate this Society policy in any manner, I may be suspended or expelled from ASHI.
That after a minimum 30 day waiting period as a CANDIDATE and after meeting all other requirements, I may apply for status as an ASHI MEMBER.

In other words give me you money and get nothing in return. NO THANK YOU!

And I will not change My web site there is no false hoods there.

But Thank you for your concerns.

P.S. I am starting a NACHI Chapter here would you like to join me?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:21 PM
To: tr@yourcertifiedinspector.com
Subject: ! CLIENT INQUIRY FROM THE CENTRAL WASHINGTON HOME INSPECTION WEBSITE !
Importance: High

CUSTOMER INFORMATION
NAME: Jeff Wise
EMAIL ADDRESS: hisinspections@msn.com

You have a false hood on your web site that states that Your organization is the only one that requires a test. AII, ASHI are just 2 of the other reputable organzations that require exams. the national exam is required by many states as well and will probably be required here before too long for licensing. You are right, that some organizations such as HIF dont require anything but a fee. But what you are saying on your site is not true. It should be changed.

THIS COMPLETES THE INQUIRY

ASHI is a no-entrance-requirement, come only with cash Diploma Mill: http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm

Well Ted, is he going to join you.

Ted I failed to see any hoods on your site, false or otherwise.

Thank goodness no false hoods…I myself prefer real ones… :slight_smile:

False hood? Gangster wannabe, perhaps?

I do not think that he is going to join me because he has not responded back to me, I wonder why? :twisted: </IMG>