I really liked Obama's speech. I gotta give credit where credit is due.

Very well done.

This excerpt:

Excellent speech.

I missed that but those are good words to hear for those that thought his globalism extended to being a Dove.

Nothing to do with Elephant vs donkey.

…and…

Hmmm
Sounds like he is setting us up for Iran.

…and…

Not bad.

Reads like the best since in office.

The crowd did not applaud much at all, but I was on my feet. Wow. And… he gave it as his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech. Wow again.

Quite a contradiction.

They must have wanted to take the award back…hahaha good for him.

His opening has to be one of the best openings of all time and the rest of the world should take note:

And this is really good:

Interesting take on how other countries might feel.
Not that we care.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=113438&sectionid=351020401

“Critics in Pakistan and Afghanistan have questioned the wisdom of giving a Noble Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama who is blamed for the recent surge in violence there.”

I think that the opening paragraph in this story is very telling.

Why does Pakistan “blame” Obama for the recent surge in violence there. Obama isn’t fighting Pakistan, he is fighting Al-Qeida and the Taliban, who have fled to Pakistan. As Hillary stated a couple of weeks ago, there have to be members of the Pakistani government and military that know where the terrorists are.

But, as is typical with “international relations” (which is defined as home nation states screw each other) the worst offenders always blame the guy who is trying to fix the problem.

Thus, the EU blames Israel for the mideast problem, the Saudis blame America and Israel for the bad living conditions and oppression that exist in Saudi Arabia and the world blames America for the Genocide in Darfour.

When you are the biggest and best, the lesser one always blame you for the problems that they brought on themselves.

It’s called jealousy and transferance.

Hope this helps;

I guess he didn’t hate America as much as usual, so I’ll give him credit for that.

Too bad his ideology doesn’t seem to match his words…

Pulling the plug on the fiat money printing machine and he’ll dig himself out of the “worst Prez in U.S. history” position he now enjoys.

Cut corporate taxes and he’ll end up an “O.K.” Prez.

Odds of that happening=“zero”

OSLO — President George Bush, looking quite thin, tall and tan, accepted the Nobel Peace Prize Thursday, defending his ability to seek peace while fighting two wars abroad.

“We must begin by acknowledging the hard truth that we will not eradicate violent conflict in our lifetimes,” he said. “There will be times when nations — acting individually or in concert — will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified.”

While espousing the moral standard of nonviolence as practiced by 1964 Nobel laureate Martin Luther King, Jr., Mr. Bush described its limits.

“But as a head of state sworn to protect and defend my nation, I cannot be guided by their examples alone,” he said, speaking in the cavernous marble Oslo City Hall.

“I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people. For make no mistake: evil does exist in the world,” he said. “A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler’s armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda’s leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force is sometimes necessary is not a call to cynicism — it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.”

I remember how shocked everyone was when GW named Iran and N. Korea by name in his axis of evil speech. I guess GW got it right, Obama named those countries again. He delivered that speech like a black George W. I never thought I’d say it, but I’m starting to like Obama.