I'm at the Jacksonville licensing meeting and online. I'll update you in live time.

Department now explaining that certain crimes would not prevent one from getting a license.

Uh, you’d better check the back of your canceled checks you all send to ASHI. You will note they were deposited in an Illinois bank. Florida ASHI members most certainly do support ASHI national.

All ASHI members support ASHI national by sending them dues.

If ASHI members do not like what their association is doing, I suggest to all of them to drop your memberships to that “agency”, and join iNACHI. If you did not support the licensing, why are you still members?

You must realize that ASHI wants to control the inspection industry as a whole in every state. Your fees contribute to that. And, with government and lawmaker pay-offs and backing, you will be working for them: not yourself. When ASHI members start to realize this, they must drop their memberships, and run, or face working for them, and must pull themselves away from being involved in this take-over.

I give up!

Nick: We should emphasis that when the law takes effect in July 2010 we all should be granted a license to continue our business until the state gets their act together regarding the curriculum, study information and test At least until 2011 or what ever years it will take. Better yet we all shall be grandfathered in is we have been in business for over three years and can produce evidence of work accomplished. The same for MOLD ASSESOR. Keep us inform. Thanks, regards-John Acaron/Panama City Beach

Every inspector in every state must realize that Nick is laying a low profile, simply letting lawmakers, and the federal government in Washington realize what ASHI is doing, and doing it in every state. Nick is the realist here, keeping it simple so that these “board members” and “lawmakers” understand it. Heck, guys: it is a take-over, a conspiricy. Nick will pick up the pieces when it is all over. However, since ASHI is the one pushing licensing to control all of the rules we will work by, and in every state, the only way to slow or stop them is with the closing of the pocketbook of every ASHI member. Follow the money.

TRUTH! ASHI Suncoast did not support this licensing bill.

I think you are giving ASHI a bit too much credit in this.

Call their office and ask. You may not like the answer. Most all state home inspection board members are ASHI, for a reason. Here in Kansas, three of the five are all ASHI. One is an attorney, and the other a real estate agent. Lawmakers here voted for the home inspection laws by a vote of 97 to 0. Who told them to vote in favor, and how much did their campaign coffers expand? We are only 150 inspectors here in Kansas, we are SOL. So will be many other states. Government is putting it’s thumb on all of us.

Gary…I have to admit that while the Kansas boys have, indeed, been raped by their legislators at the urging of those wanting to gain from such a bill…the Florida guys have it much worse.

In Florida, once the law takes effect…there will be no incentive for anyone to pay a home inspector for an inspection. Every consumer will do the sensible thing and opt for the free inspection and have a contractor already at their disposal to affect whatever repairs they intend to make.

Home inspectors in Florida…who are not contractors…will not have jobs at all. This law puts literally thousands out of business.

It must be repealed.

Same will happen in Kansas, since RE’s, engineers, insurance agents, appraisers, even modular salesmen are all exempt from the laws here in Kansas. RE’s are already doing radon, roofers, foundation, all are offering “free” estimates. A certain RE office is already offering “repair reports” for out of town buyers by the agents in the office, who also renovate homes to make extra income. They are all lined up, ready to go. We, are not in the line.

All repair persons here in Kansas are not licensed, insured, or regulated in any way. They will also do the “checks” for free, and benefit by the repairs within the home, needed or not. This is a huge conflict of interest, as in Florida, and many other states. We are all SOL.

Just reread the update on the FLORIDA DBPR stakeholders meetings. I’m curious was it just me or was most of the postings about Kansas and ashi or about the new Florida law. Wasn’t very helpful, maybe it’s just me.
Almost 6pm here, guess I’ll go home and not think about it.
Have a good evening.

I had to pass a credit check to get my county license (and prove 3 years in business, and pass the A$HI test, and have a workers comp exemption, and have 1 million GL, etc., etc.,. It figures that a contractor stood up and spoke for the credit check. Our county license follows the contractor license guidelines to the letter. I thought it was ludicrous then, and don’t support it for a state license either!

Well a credit check for a contractor makes sense, he’s going to ask the client for a deposit on a multi-thousand dollar project. When is the last time any of us got a deposit prior to an inspection? The funny thing about this is who really believes a contractor’s liscence makes one eligible to do home inspections, I certainly think it provides an excellent basis but by no means is a qualification in and of itself. Same goes with enginneers. I have contractors that hire me to inspect houses they buy. One could ask why, I know the reason, and I respect them for understanding it too.

Show me one organization (besides the girl scouts) that doesn’t.

Girl Scouts running the inspection industry ?..does this mean free cookies?