kpierce
(Kevin F. Pierce)
May 6, 2009, 2:01am
21
Steven_C.Meyer:
Living in a cleaner environment I can agree with. Nothing has irritadfed me more than the few who visit our national parks and leave their trash behind (pack it in, pack it out), those who litter our highways,n etc. That is the environment I am more concerned about.
That being said, the orginator of this thread proposes a PDF instead of printed versions and I say both should be an option.
When I get a PDF version, I PRINT it OUT on PAPER, USEING INK.
Thus, where is the savings??? I do so for a couple of reasons, one, it is easier for me to read, and two if it’s someting I wish to refer back to in the future, I have it eaisly at hand.
Should school textbooks be banned, novels, all library reference books on pdf?
I may have taken it wrong, but the poster struck me as ban the book, pdf only, and do it for the environment. I don’t take to well for others to shove their agenda down my throat.
I don’t see that this one little book is going to have huge impact on the environment. I do see it as a huge advertising impact.
If he has such concerns, then he should stop his newspaper (probably the largest users of paper and ink) cancel all of his magazine subscriptions, and definately NOT give the customer a printed copy of his inspection report! Walk the talk, do your part!!! Oh, and don’t forget to use that cloth reuseable grocery bag!!
Bottom line, I believe in FREE choice. Offer both options, don’t mandate the one you prefer!
You’re too funny Steven. :mrgreen: Talk about extremism. Do you have high blood pressure buddy? I’ll let you borrow some meds for that.
[quote=“kpierce, post:21, topic:38449”]
You’re too funny Steven. :mrgreen: Talk about extremism. Do you have high blood pressure buddy? I’ll let you borrow some meds for that. :D/QUOT
KEVEN, KEVIN
My HBP meds are just fine, working just as prescribed!
I am extreme?, you may want to look in your own back yard. The enviro whack jobs spread more BS and lies, not based on fact, that even I can come up with.
You might want to try a concept that eludes you, free enterprise, AND freedom of choice. Its worked every time it is tried.
It is of little concern how others lead their life, it would be nice if others had the same courtesy.
Gotta run, need more gas for the chain saw. As that tree falls and hits the ground, I don’t smell the dust, but the smell of the money does give me a high!!
Cheere, kido!!
BTW KEVIN
Most of our timber is in cedar. It all depends on how you look at it.
You, beautiful tree.
Me, new deck, new sidding, new fence.
It’s all about how you see and format things in your mind! All a matter of prospective.
wwilson3
(Wayne Wilson, TN 439)
May 6, 2009, 9:27pm
24
Steven_C.Meyer:
Living in a cleaner environment I can agree with. Nothing has irritadfed me more than the few who visit our national parks and leave their trash behind (pack it in, pack it out), those who litter our highways,n etc. That is the environment I am more concerned about.
That being said, the orginator of this thread proposes a PDF instead of printed versions and I say both should be an option.
When I get a PDF version, I PRINT it OUT on PAPER, USEING INK.
Thus, where is the savings??? I do so for a couple of reasons, one, it is easier for me to read, and two if it’s someting I wish to refer back to in the future, I have it eaisly at hand.
Should school textbooks be banned, novels, all library reference books on pdf?
I may have taken it wrong, but the poster struck me as ban the book, pdf only, and do it for the environment. I don’t take to well for others to shove their agenda down my throat.
I don’t see that this one little book is going to have huge impact on the environment. I do see it as a huge advertising impact.
If he has such concerns, then he should stop his newspaper (probably the largest users of paper and ink) cancel all of his magazine subscriptions, and definately NOT give the customer a printed copy of his inspection report! Walk the talk, do your part!!! Oh, and don’t forget to use that cloth reuseable grocery bag!!
Bottom line, I believe in FREE choice. Offer both options, don’t mandate the one you prefer!
Steve
You are assume at lot first that i liked gore second i want to ban books, The name is Wayne not Adolf . Do not forget when you ASSUME . which you already have.
It was just a suggestion
Guilty as charged, I did jump to conclusions, sorry about that!
gkeene
(Greg Keene, CMI)
May 7, 2009, 2:32pm
26
sorry I am late on this - but you guys missed the “library” connection - this is the one with the porcelain throne in your hosue - sojme of my best reading time -