Inspection Business Marketing Strategies. A new InterNACHI series.

Some. Our free InspectorPages websites are not editable though, as they are auto generated for members who have none at all.

Market your inspection business using this message board.

Every link to your website counts.

Form your own local InterNACHI Chapter.

Then invite all the local real estate agents to your meetings. Most won’t come. But the invitation alerts them that you are their local inspection association president. The invitation is a great marketing piece.

What’s in the Now that you bought book?

There is much in there, but one of the main things the “Now that You’ve had a Home Inspection Book” does is reduce inspector liability. It explains in plain English what your pre-inspection agreement says (inspector can’t find every defect, homeowner should…, etc.). I’ll make it today’s strategy since you brought it up.

Purchase a case of “Now that You’ve had a Home Inspection” book. Just $2.20 each. Take them to your next real estate office sales meeting and give every agent one. Explain that the book comes with your home inspection reports.

Read more about how to use this inexpensive inspection book as a marketing tool.

Just go here, http://www.nachi.org/success.htm :wink: It sums up this thread.

Dress for success.

Approach your local Board of REALTORs and ask to have seat on the Board as the local home inspector’s representative. In some cases, they will have to pass a resolution to permit this. If this fails, ask to have the seat without voting rights. Most of the time the Board’s attorney will agree and support this. The purpose isn’t just to top-shelf network. Many of their meetings are regarding issues that concern inspectors and you will discover that you will be contributing much to these meetings.

Read Chris’ thread about Place Search: http://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/google-introduces-place-search-55002/

Posted with permission:

pumpkin people.jpg

If qualified, email your past-client database and asking them if they would like you to inspect their fireplace before they use it for the holidays.

Here is the Standards of Practice for inspecting fireplaces and chimney and a checklist report: http://www.nachi.org/comsop.htm#17

Join IAC2… it’s totally free.

Stop giving boring real estate sales meeting presentations. “Hi, I’m Bob from Bob’s Inspection Company. Here is my business card. I’m very thorough. Hire me.” Instead, do something different. Here is an idea: Create and pass out flyers that list all the advantages of Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs). Explain that agents selling a home with an ICF foundation should alert potential buyers to these advantages. Make sure your home inspection business contact information is included on the flyers. While you are discussing the advantages of ICFs (that you’ve committed to memory), build an actual foundation corner (without the concrete of course) out of the ICFs. Many inspectors find it easier to be doing something while giving a presentation and agents will find it very interesting. Pass an ICF (they’re light) around the room as well. It makes for a fun, positive sales meeting presentation.

icfs.jpg

Offer Aging in Place inspections. And download the inspection checklist at the bottom of the article.

I am about to do this very thing tomorrow with InterNachi’s Low-E windows article and a couple of window samples and glass cut-away samples from my job at Lowe’s Millwork dept.
This job not only gives me health benefits, but provides me with little goodies like window samples.:wink:

My talk went very well today with regard to windows and doors. With the glass cutaways the agents could actually see what seal gives way to allow condensation to form. I had their attention the whole time, and no one opted for bagels until I was done!:slight_smile:

I did manage to get out a bunch of cards, brochures and to show my report binder.:smiley:

I may take this act on the road.:smiley:

Nice. Congrats.

I’m thinking that a water heater has a lot of potential issues especially with the TPR valve. You could roll one in on a dolly. It’s small and light enough for a presentation but big enough to be dramatic. A water heater is a component that everyone can get their head around. Here are some talking points: http://www.nachi.org/tpr-valves-discharge-piping.htm

Visit your city’s building department and get the most recent 200 permit applications. Then write each owner a letter offering to oversee their project to make sure the contractors are doing things right before the owner gives the contractors their final payments. Hiring you is the best thing a consumer can do to protect themselves when having a home built, an addition put on, a roof replaced, etc. Read www.OverSEEIt.com for more information… and while there, join. www.OverSeeIt.com is free.

Add your InterNACHI educational transcript to your website. Due to negligent referral lawsuits, more and more agents are feeling that it is important that they help their client research an inspector’s educational background. The educational transcript is free.