Junction box wiring

Thanks for the INFO would you please let ESSA know they are doing it wrong Thanks … Roy

http://www.pluginsafely.ca/

http://www.pluginsafely.ca/images/whyHire.png

Ontario law requires anyone offering electrical services to be licensed by the Electrical Safety Authority. A Licensed Electrical Contractor:

•   is fully insured to protect customers

•   only employscertified electricians

•   arranges for electrical inspections

•   can offer a Certificate of Inspection

%between%

Roy,

http://www.pluginsafely.ca/images/whyHire.png

Copied from your reply above, they are referred to as Licensed Electrical Contractor by the ESA.

Cheers,

Not all electricians are Contractors I never was a Electrical contractor ,
I frequently had 20~ or more electricians working for me .

Yeah, how long ago…

Please try to stay with the program, ESA is making the rules, just saying!

I have already through my Clients report.
Here is one for you Roy!
All passed according to ESA so to me whether it is a "Licensed" Electrician or "Certified" Individual working with a company under Licensed contractor makes no difference to me.:frowning:
only employscertified electricians

Sorry Marcel it was you who was saying Certified was Incorrect .
You asked how long ago I guess it was about the same time you where employed as a Cook .

Gee that looks old enough for One of my Brothers could of installed it…

For the record: I don’t see how my being a Red Seal Chef has to do with your not keeping up to date with the ESA’s (Licensed Electrical Contractor) requirements in Ontario especially when being a past electrician yourself with over ~20 electricians working for you.

Cheers,

I wonder why you have challenged certified electricians
you seem to be the only one who has trouble with it .Roy

Below copied from the Electrical Contractors of Ontario at:

How do I know if someone claiming to be “an electrician” is actually a qualified electrician. Should they be carrying some form of certification card? My concern pertains to residential service.Thanks!

A certified electrician should have a valid Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) in their possession that has not expired. ***However, a certified electrician is forbidden to perform electrical work in your home unless he/she is also licensed as an “Electrical Contractor” by the Electrical Contractor Registration Agency of the Electrical Safety Authority (ECRA of ESA)***. The license number must be displayed on the company vehicle. This license ensures that the company has a designated master electrician in their employ, liability insurance for the company and WSIB coverage for their employees.

Last Updated: 1-5-2009

Hope this help,

Stephen,

It is not much different in Ontario!

Home Inspectors in Ontario should recommend license electrical contractor in their reports to clients for repairs and not certified electrician.

Cheers,

This is why my statement is always:
Electrical issues should be repaired by a licensed and certified electrical contractor. A journeyman electrician is always best practice and can be asked for at time of booking.
All bases are covered this way.:mrgreen:

A licensed electrical contractor can only operate with certified electricians so there is no need for and certified in your above statement.

Why is a journeyman best practice? Journeyman electrician should always be working under supervision from a certified electrician (by law) and a certified electrician should always be working under a licensed electrical contrator(by law).

Everything is covered by stating: licensed electrical contractor.

picky…picky…picky…lol

I learned to check these early in my HI career, when I made contact with a “hot” j-box and the copper water pipes in an attic. :shock: Some things are difficult to forget…