Marketing tips?

Originally Posted By: rfoley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello Gentlepersons, I am a newer inspector, I really need to get the phone ringing, been marketing to real estate agents, flyers, business cards, emails etc. Any suggestions on other avenues of reaching customers? Also, on average, how have the search engines helped you? I was a termite inspector for 12 years, and that business requires different marketing, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you! Ryan

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

Try this

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewforum.php?f=47

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Welcome, Ryan. What did you do to market your termite business? It may not be that much different?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Copied from R.R. icon_wink.gif

Persistant
Consistant

And my favorite..

Patience!

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: rfoley

I did mainly the same stuff, The business is my fathers(termite). I am tired of the swings in that business, and it is pretty cut-throat here in wichita, there are over 200 pest control opperations here, only 20-30 home inspectors, and only a few full time home inspectors, I really liked the idea about the realtor survival kit. I will use that one, and I have been sending emails to realtors about the mousepad promo, and received a little response, any help, or tips I will consider, I think I’m good at marketing, but There are better people out there, so please, fire away!!! Thanks, Ryan icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Go see realtors at open houses.

Community meetings.

Leave your card everywhere.

Web site with superior optimization and relevant links.

This business can be a throat slasher too and his saturated (at least for now) It will thin out with increasing rates. Over all a good business if you like homes, people interaction, outdoors and can handle inconsistent income at the beginning - perhaps even for quite a while.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: lclark

Quote:
Over all a good business if you like homes, people interaction, outdoors and can handle inconsistent income at the beginning - perhaps even for quite a while.

Thats for sure

--
" Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."