McCain/Obama Townhall Debate

Wow a 4000 man army survey.

Earth to John, WE THE PEOPLE TELL THE ARMY WHAT TO DO. It is in the CONSTITUTION somewhere, check it out.

Well who knows?:wink:

I am going to Ireland Thursday and think I will go out now and condition my liver. :twisted:

Your alright Brian.

We remain friends even if not always friendly.:wink:

Active duty military always supports a Republican administration. Nothing new.

Like Mike and You…if bin Laden were the Republican nominee, you would be finding reasons to try to convince the world he was the right choice.

Republicans are big spenders on the military budget and always have been. I would have married Casper Weinberger if I were not already married at the time.

Thank You my thought as well.

I try to keep the rhetoric down as best I can, but I am sure I have some sort of genetic defect.

Hopefully it will not get worse when I kiss the Blarney Stone and frolic in the Driuid forests. ;):smiley:

Obama keeps saying he will cut taxes for 95% of the population.

He will make it up by taxing business.

He will also increase capital gains taxes to much higher levels.

Question:

1. When taxes on business are raised, who actually pays them and how?

2. In light of the current economic situation and the impending recession, how much increased revenue can be raised by this increased tax?

You’re right.

Once we get the wealthy men on Wall Street back on their feet…let’s cut taxes for the oil companies. They need help, too.

They better be big spenders on the military. It is a constitutionally mandated purpose of our government.

All polls are a sample of the whole.

Duh… no one is trying to re-write the constitution. Relax :roll:

Other polls indicate that the military supports McCain and not Mr Tweeb.

No answer huh?

They did not support his candidacy.

All active duty troops support the sitting president…as they take an oath to do…but they favor a Republican candidate.

:roll: OK…:shock:

Once again you confuse support with obeying a lawful order.:roll:

No I don’t.

What branch of the service were you in, Mike?

You can not command a soldiers personal thoughts, ie. support.

You can expect compliance to a lawful order.

Thoughts and support are not one in the same, in a military sense.

You would understand if you have ever served.

Anybody can be a “hero” if all it meant was to sacrifice for something you personally wanted or agreed with. Our men are heroes for bigger and better reasons…and most civilians cannot relate to it.

I know quite a few who served during the time of Clinton. They despised him and blamed him for the low moral among the troops.

Where they wrong to do so?

I know you meant to say low “morale” and not moral…It was Clinton with the low morals.

Like I said, active duty troops always thrive and are happier during a Republican administration, no matter who it is. They do much worse during a Democratic administration.

But when called upon to do their jobs, they are apolitical…and they do their jobs. The military always supports the CinC in its actions, without consideration who he is.

Nixon froze our rank and pay for a couple of years to set the example for the rest of the country in an attempt to slow down inflation in the early '70s. We grumbled and moaned and groaned…but still did better under Nixon than Carter.

Your meaning of the term “support” must be different than mine.

This thread drift is evidence the the debate questions couldn’t have been more boring.