membership

Originally Posted By: jpeck
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Joe H.,

While I know you are doing your best to make NACHI the best you believe it can be, it is not the best it can be.

To be the best it can be, NACHI needs structure, and as Joe B. so plainly stated on another forum, NACHI does not have structure, nor will it ever have structure.

The way for an association to best address the issues of its many members is to have structure, member driven structure. That is what I have been trying to achieve, so NACHI could actually achieve what it thinks it already has - the winning combination to become the best and largest Home Inspector Association around.

NACHI is doing many things right that other associations don't do, it is also doing things wrong that those other associations do right. If any one association were to wrap it all together, that would indeed be the winning combination.

NAHI is self-limiting and of little consequence.

ASHI shot itself in the foot and is limping around like a lumbering giant ready to fall.

NACHI keeps shooting at its own feet, apparently thinking that making itself dance makes it the life of the party - it doesn't work that way, that only makes NACHI look like ... well ... like it can't handle any real weapon. And NACHI does have some real weapons, if only it would discover how to use them.

Oh well ... I tried. Every member should try.

Joe H., please process this request for removal from NACHI membership. Please send my refund check for membership dues to the Salvation Army. They really need it this time of year. Thank you.

I will not be able to pay attention to any 'membership only' areas, and there is no need to read what I will not be able to respond to. I will still check on and participate somewhat in the technical areas.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I must have missed something while I was gone icon_confused.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Good luck Jerry. eusa_boohoo.gif

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

everything you stated in the initial post of this thread.

In the future, regardless of whether we end up working together to join FABI and FAPHI forces or end up crossing swords in Tallahassee... I remain your friend.

Also, thank you for agreeing to continue helping us in the technical threads.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jwortham

I wasn’t gone and I must have missed it too.

Shame, I always thought Jerry was a class act.

He will be missed.

Originally Posted By: cradan

Truly unfortunate. Hopefully, it will give some folks pause, at least, for further consideration.

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: tallen

Ditto, Christopher’s post.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Here is what I posted on that other site.

Quote:

Just for the record, I would like to state without any malice, and with total respect, that Jerry Peck never embodied the spirit of NACHI and was always merely a hopeful NACHI member who was expecting that NACHI would change for him. This was not to be, it never was, and this is the result.

Jerry will always be better off in a structured environment which for the foreseeable future NACHI will not be. This is neither NACHI or Jerry's failure it is merely what is.

You can read the entire link here... http://inspectionnews.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000911.html

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: mcraig

Folks I have been quiet now for a while and this is why. I have been meeting with a large group of NACHI members that never come to this board and also with Independent HI’s that don’t belong to any organization, I wanted to know the truth about what HI’s want. What I have found is that most of the HI’s that are NACHI members Like the way NACHI is run they don’t want to go to meetings and they want to handle there own marketing, they are members for the Web exposure. That is all they want they don’t come to this board and don’t know of any problem with any organization they are busy taking care of there own business. They are happy with Nick because they don’t pay attention to the pissing matchs on this board. All the bashing is on this board and several others the comman HI’s are busy and don’t bother with this there is only around 10% of members on this board all the time so this board does not represent the membership of NACHI. We need to focus on technical answers for everyone and stay out of the drama. I am only answering technical questions from now on and not getting envolved in the drama or pissing matchs that distract from what the majority of members want.

he majority of NACHI members are happy.

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Jerry, sorry to hear of your leaving the NACHI fold. I’ve enjoyed our communications via this board. A well seasoned HI like you will be missed. I wish you all the best! Doug

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

mcraig wrote:
I have been meeting with a large group of NACHI members that never come to this board and also with Independent HI's that don't belong to any organization, I wanted to know the truth about what HI's want.

What I have found is that most of the HI's that are NACHI members Like the way NACHI is run ... they want to handle there own marketing, they are members for the Web exposure. That is all they want ... . We need to focus on technical answers for everyone and stay out of the drama. ....the majority of NACHI members are happy.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: tallen

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Mike,

Outstanding... ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jmertins

Michael,

Great post.....I did get caught up with it a bit myself but realize it was turning into a " i can puff my chest out further" match. The disagreements and viewpoints are what can make an org. stronger but I think some lines have been crossed. I too have tried to use the board more as a tool as of late and not get caught up in the bashing. Florida will be a battle ground state for many reasons. I plan to do my part through the correct channels...not on this board.

--
John Mertins

Baxter Home Inspections, Inc.

"Greatness courts failure"

Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy