Mike Homes new show??? four USA??

My wife watches HGTV stuff on house makeovers and it drives me nuts!

You just can’t do this stuff sometimes!

Yea, Mike should not call the kettle black!
I think it is just a little overboard in trying to state that you should get a good home inspector if your going to get one…

Consider the touchy HI audience too… :wink:

OK, Mike Holmes has brought attention to my profession, that IS a good thing. Weather or not you think hes a buffoon or not is irrelevant. So the clients need a little educating on a visual inspection. The one thing he does educate them on is this:

Some inspectors do a bad job, don’t hire one of them. Awesome! That is a fact. I charge more than several of my direct competitors, and the fact that there are sub standard inspections happening, even if the show isn’t even in my country, makes it easier for me to go ahead and tell someone: “you get what you pay for, all home inspectors are NOT the same”.

OK there is some incorrect info in there, its entertainment. Its a TV show. If a TV channel or show producer called me to make a show, I would too, and so would you. OK Get paid to inspect and get paid again to have it on TV, a simple 2 for 1, sign me up.

Hay, it gives me a tag line: “This ain’t no Homes-On-Homes Inspection”…

when I’m asked about things not covered in a Home Inspection.

Point: Mike works for the “owner” not the buyer.
My “Owner” Inspections are not the same as a “Buyer’s” Inspection…

I do Inspections like Mike because “Home Owners” hire me.

I don’t get my shoes dirty either!
I sit there and drink coffee while contractors tear down the ceiling and fix what they missed. I don’t do this for $99.95 either…

David…Excellent perspective. We seem to forget that Mike is a contractor working for the home-owner, so can rip stuff apart in the name of show business. Personally, I’m too busy looking forward to look back at what Mike Holmes is up to.

P.S. - Great tag-line in your posts !

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130910-907381.html

The Wall Street Journal news department was not involved in the creation of this content.

**· **PRESS RELEASE
· September 10, 2013, 10:50 a.m. ET

Filtrete Brand Awards Michigan Family $30,000 for Healthy Home Remodel Makeover
·
ST. PAUL, Minn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–September 10, 2013–
Holly Grant of Sterling Heights, Mich. was selected as the grand prize winner of the Filtrete Healthy Home Remodel Contest. Grant’s winning submission detailed concerns with mold and active water leaks in her house and described her family’s wish to create a healthy home environment for their 18-month-old son, who suffers from serious respiratory issues. Filtrete Brand, known for its air and water filtration products, in partnership with America’s Most Trusted Contractor Mike Holmes will be providing the Grant Family a home inspection and $30,000 cash to put towards much needed repairs and renovations.
“We bought our house as a ‘fixer-upper’ knowing we would have our work cut out for us,” said Holly Grant, winner of the national contest. “But when we discovered hidden mold in our nursery-to-be – and welcomed our son three months ahead of schedule – we entered the Filtrete Healthy Home Remodel Contest as a plea for help – to tackle these urgent home repairs and minimize any long-term health and safety risks for my family.”
To help improve the health and safety of her home, The Holmes Group, an organization founded by Mike Holmes with divisions dedicated to providing thorough, high quality residential inspections and building services, will provide a Holmes approved home inspector and contractor to examine the home and identify health and safety concerns, as well as help manage repairs to make the home healthier for the family. For families with similar home concerns, Holmes offers these ‘SAFETY’ tips:
– S: Seek professional assistance if you suspect there are traces of lead
in your home.

– A: Address indoor air quality and change your air filter.

– F: Fix leaks to prevent mold and mildew

– E: Exercise caution around appliances

– T: Test for dangerous gases and make sure smoke and monoxide detectors
are working properly

– Y: Yield healthier results with regular maintenance–fix small problems
now to avoid big repairs later
“Many homeowners don’t realize that things like mold and water damage can lead to big problems, like poor indoor air quality,” said Mike Holmes, contest judge and trusted contractor who appears on HGTV. “Regular home maintenance is key for a healthy home environment and keeping costs low.”
Filtrete Brand offers a full line of high efficiency filters that help support a healthier home by capturing small particles, such as allergens, from the air passing through a home’s forced-air heating, ventilation and air condition system.
About the Contest:
Entrants were required to submit a written essay and supporting photos to explain why their homes were deserving of a healthier home remodel. Thousands of entries were received and judged on the entry’s fit to the contest theme, the quality of the essay and the quality of the accompanying images.
About the First-Prize Winners: The following first-prize winners received $5,000 cash to put towards home repairs:
– Wendy Brown of Palmetto, Fla.

– Tristan Lee of Syracuse, N.Y.

– Kristin Nichols of Saint George, S.C.

– Paul Lindenberger of Grapevine, Texas
For more tips on creating a healthier home, visit www.Filtrete.com
About 3M
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
About The Holmes Group
The Holmes Group is an international brand with operations in independent media production, new-home building and home inspection, as well as expansion into product development. The Holmes Group is entirely owned by Mike Holmes and responsible for developing and managing all HOLMES branded entities, including Make It Right Productions Inc., HOLMES Approved Homes, HOLMES Communities, MIKE HOLMES Inspections, HOLMES Referred Contractors, HOLMES Products, HOLMES Workwear and The Holmes Foundation.
3M and Filtrete are trademarks of 3M. © 3M 2013.

Hunter Public Relations for 3M
p: 212-679-6600 x274
kciocon@hunterpr.com
www.hunterpr.com