My opinions (professional and personal) about Joe Farsetta.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

…I’d like to clear the air regarding the efforts of Joe Farsetta over the past three years at NACHI. Joe has come to the assistance of NACHI members and non-members, clients, educators, REALTORs, and legislators for a long while. He started and chairs our Ethics and Standards of Practice Committee. His team crafted our current COE, and works to keep our SOP superior to other organizations, and assures NACHI stays well ahead of changes in the industry. Joe is extremely dedicated, and is as honest as anyone can imagine.

Joe has been following legislative efforts and actions in NY for the past 3 years. He has lobbied for NACHI in the past, and has worked to defeat restrictive legislation in the State. He was not alone, as Dan Osborne was also involved in many meetings with State representatives. When Joe speaks of legislation for Home Inspectors in NY, he speaks from 1st hand experience having working relationships with those steering the boat. Joe also runs a local NY NACHI Chapter and maintains nynachi.org.

Despite all that, there is some confusion as to what role Joe plays in NACHI. Aside from Chairing the Committee he currently does, Joe also is the Director of Professional Development. Education comes under that group, and Joe decides much of the policies NACHI is currntly developing regarding things such as a more formal approval process for NACHI education seal usage and convention education. Joe also heads up our Alternate Dispute Resolution Service. Hell, he is more involved in NACHI than I ever was.

Anyway, I trust that this post has helped to clear the waters, so to speak. We have some dedicated NACHI volunteers doing a lot of work for the organization. They have been at the helm of many projects for a long while and like many of us, need a break. They all do a great job. All thankless. To that end, we need Joe to stay the course and continue to battle for us. He has the scars to prove it.

Joe, your break is over...please stay on.

Personally... Joe and I are the best of friends... we're almost like an old married couple... and so like an old married couple... we sometimes fight, and one of us sleeps on the couch for a few nights until we work it out.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: tallen

Quote:

Joe, your break is over...please stay on.

He is still here , he just bitched me and James out.... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Good icon_biggrin.gif . Someone has to .

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

gromicko wrote:
Good ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) . Someone has to .

Indeed

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

James is still a butthead though icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

We all are at times. The difference is that some of us are simply brave and secure enough not to care that the rest of us knows.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Update:

As of early this Sunday Afternoon, Joe F. and I engaged in a lengthy conversation.

I refused Joe F's resignation and it has been rescinded.

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

jbowman wrote:
Update:

As of early this Sunday Afternoon, Joe F. and I engaged in a lengthy conversation.

![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

What about Merrill?

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

I’m not involved with Merrill.

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Not Yet?

Jay Schwartz

Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc

www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com

Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org

NACHI - Legislative Committee Member

MAB - Member

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Welcome back, Joe. eusa_clap.gif

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: bsmith

Quote:

That is good news for Nachi and bad news for those who oppose us.

--
Bill Smith
www.SmithHomeInspection.com
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

jbowman wrote:
Update:

I guess that puts him in the same camp with Greg Bell. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

jbowman wrote:
Update:

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Originally Posted By: wdecker

One point:

There are just too many 'resignations' and 'quitting' going on.

When a man (a real man) accepts a call for service, whether it is for an inspection or for being an officer in an organization, they are committing themselves to do a job. Commitment is, most probably, the single defining factor that seperates adults from children.

There are too many people who strive for an officer's title (President, VP, etc) merely to use it as a marketing tool ('Hey. I'm a good inspector. I am the President or the xxxxx Chapter of NACHI.') How many of these people actually understand that such positions call for servitude and work.

It ain't about the accolades, it's about the service.

Joe is a good and honest and dedicated guy, from what I know of him. He just needed to be reminded that he made a promise to serve.

Glad he's back.

And, all of you out there. Realize that a leader is, first and formost, a servent, first. Act accordingly, expecially BEFORE you find youself in such a position of leadership.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: jwilliams4

Boy, William, you do put it right out there–

...and you're absolutely correct. I enjoy your posts--

sometimes they make us think about ourselves--

...like today!!!

--
"not just an inspection, but an education"

William-

I certainly don't want to start another "urinary contest", but from where I sit here in NY it's awfully hard to question Joe's commitment and service to Nachi.

PS- I enjoy your posts too.

--
Bill Smith
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: wdecker

was I questioning Joe Fs commitment or his motives. Far from it.

I didn't know that Joe quit, until I read this thread, or why, and I could care less. I assume that he got fed up with some of the people he has to deal with in his capacity.

I am an officer in a local chapter and I can FULLY understand the level of frustration that is involved with being in leadership. I am also active in my synogouge leadership and, boy, that is also tough. (Old saying, 'Three Jews, Five Opinions. The Gentile equivilent is 'Three Gentiles, Five denominations').

I was just trying to say that anyone who gets (or if they are REALLY masocistic, seeks) a leadership position MUST be ready to deal with problems, frustrations and grief. To run into this kind of stuff and quit, just give up when the going gets tough, is childish.

Joe, as far as I know him, is not a child. But he does have a difficult and frustrating job.

Sometimes, that overcomes one.

But, no. I have no quarrel with Joe qand am glad he straightened himself out. Sometimes, all that takes is a kind word and a swift kick in the rear from a good friend. I have done such a thing and have had it done to me.

It's good for the soul.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Quote:
It's good for the soul.

Amen.

--
Bill Smith