NACHI - 9,000th Member

(http:homeinspectorreferencemanual.com)]

Websites are only as good as it’s webmaster and those that punch in the info.

I do not have those figures. But judging from their Search function for finding an inspector, I could guess

A$$I full members - 30%
A$$I candidate members with logo - 40%
A$$I candadate members without logo usage - 30%

NACHI full members -

Over 5 years in business - 33%
Less than 5 years in business - 33%

NACHI Working members - 33%

ASHI’s own Scott Patterson confessed that ASHI has no where near 6,000 members and that to make ASHI appear bigger it now counts its come-only-with-cash Candidates as Members.

Scott Patterson also confessed that ASHI is mostly made up of Candidates. ASHI is an association of newbies, basically.

ASHI Candidates have to take zero courses, perform zero inspections, take zero quizzes, and pass zero exams… just send cash: http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm

Since ASHI is counting their Candidates, NACHI is planning on counting the 200,000+ people who have taken our exams… at least they took an exam!

NACHI is also now the oldest inspection association (not really… but ASHI continues to call themselves the largest when in fact they are not larger in any quantifiable category)… NACHI is the largest. So if they are going to call themselves the largest, we will call ourselves the oldest.

*NACHI… the world’s oldest inspection association. :wink: *

Shame on you, Nick. ASHI’s decision to mislead the public with false information about itself is no reason for us to follow suit.

They need to misrepresent themselves in order to compete. We don’t.

Jim,
When we were fighting the ASHI Home Inspector’s Bill we had 22-meetings at the State Capitol. At these meetings the New Hampshire ASHI Chapter President claimed that he was representing 200-ASHI members.

The only problem with that is that there are only 34-ASHI members in **New Hampshire. **

There are “approximately” 200-candidates and members in NEW ENGLAND!

So you can’t believe anything that ASHI has to say. As far as being the “oldest” I think that we can safely say that we have a lot of “Old Timers” still in practice.

PS:
A hearty welcome to Stacey Van Houtan of The Home Inspection Company of Liberty, MO,
WELCOME ABOARD!!

Frank,

I understand that and agree that ASHI, as a dying institution, has a need to embellish in order to stay relevant…but we don’t.

Welcome to (y)our large and supportive family, Stacey!

Join up with your local chapter - you have a lot to offer.

If there’s no chapter nearby, I can help you start one . . .

My guess would be that less than 50% of Nachi Members are Full Members, Maybe Nationwide your numbers are more accurate, but looking at the NACHI Inspectors in my area the majority are new, members for two years or less, like me, and in the case of Eastern Wahington members only 3 out of 19 meet Washington State Standards and less than half are licensed businesses…In North Idaho less than half have been in business, or NACHI members for more than 2 years…

I believe NACHI is superior to ASHI, especially in support of it’s members, Full or Working, by Nick, his Staff, and by the great support of fellow members, but inflated and misleading numbers shouldn’t be targeted at NACHI Mwmbers, unless its an attempt to keep members from jumping ship, just like ASHI does

I’ll say by January 19, 2007. Why? Because the NACHI Preferred E & O Insurance Program is now available nationwide and the NACHI preferred pricing saves two to three times the cost of membership.

January 19, 2007. You heard it here, first.

Welcome to Planet NACHI - I know that you will be a great asset to our Association and I look forward to meeting you at one of our NACHI Certified Training Events - we will be in Kansas City, MO on Friday, November 17, 2006 with Paul Abernathy, one of the best Electricians in the home inspection business. Visit NACHICertifiedTraining.com to learn more.

http://www.nachi.org/memberstats.htm

I have a question.

Do the members listed include the “members” created by the bots on this bulletin board daily so that they can have access to the site? Some of these are so absurd, there is no way they are real people, and some don’t have any genuine contact information either.

aanderson

5/1/050 aanderson1

10/29/040 2bsure New User

3/22/060 3sumners

abcde08904 New User

8/25/030 Adam Dare

10/20/050 Adam Stone-Dare

ADRS

Last Activity: 12/30/05 7:23 PM

adrummond
8/31/030 adufresne
3/10/030 aeaton
8/23/040 Alvah L. Eckart NACHI Member
9/13/060 aeckenroth
2/11/040 aehrhard
1/25/050 afeldman
8/4/050 aferguson

Are these part of the count? Or are the 9000 just ones that show NACHI Member under their name?

8/1 8/2 8/3 8/4 8/5 8/6 8/7 8/8 8/9 8/10 8/11 8/12 8/13 8/14 8/15 8/16 8/17

Honestly. Do you really think 25 people joined in one day? I think there is an error or something here, because it just doesn’t seem logical.

No.

Members are actual members of NACHI… not just someone who registered for a message board.

You are mistakenly looking at message board users, not NACHI members.

I thought everyone knew where to find all the NACHI members as we list them in the Featured Inspectors link of the left blue border of every page of NACHI and have for many years.

Read: http://www.nachi.org/memberlist.htm

No, that’s why I asked Nick. I’m on the minimal version of the BB so I didn’t see that. Thanks, I was hoping you would set me straight on it.

Btw, sorry about Vegas. I wish I hadn’t missed all that. :frowning: