Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
There are many reasons we can't list everyone. Here are some examples:
1. Some members don't speak English so there is no reason to list them in an otherwise English written webpage/site/search engine. With InterNACHI in 40 countries, this portion will continue to increase.
2. Some members are not ready to be in business. They joined NACHI to help them as they prepare to enter the business but are in school and not yet ready to accept work.
3. Some are not inspectors. For instance... some of the speakers at our convention are members but don't perform home inspections and so don't want on certain sites. Gary Johnson, the man who is most responsible for putting together the convention for instance... we all know he has been a member of NACHI for years... but you won't find him in Featured Inspectors link or FindanInspector.US or InspectorSEEK.com
4. Some don't want anyone to know they're members for some kind of weird political reason. Canada is an example of this where only half of our membership is visible.
5. Some are retired but love NACHI so much that they maintain their membership.
6. Some are members that are not licensed in their state and so by state law cannot be on certain sites. Texas is an example of this where state law requires a TREC # on all advertising, even internet.
7. Some are employees of members who are also members, but their employer... who insists they maintain NACHI membership, also keeps them out of the public eye (wouldn't want them to get any ideas about going into business for themselves ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) ).
8. We cannot technically support some languages yet.
I much prefer email to private messages.