NACHI attorney Joe Ferry offers help on this board.

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Tom Logan


KISS Theory=Keep It Simple Stupid ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)


Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Nick,


Fine instructions, Fine Indeed. There is always a way to prevent censorship and moderation of topics when that is what is wanted badly enough.

Blaine ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)


Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



I think it worked out fine too. No change is ever going to please everyone (I argued against putting Legal Advice in members-only), but I think it is an overall improvement.


Nick


Originally Posted By: psabados
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



I have to agree also. Should work out better for all. No censorship or moderation, the rest will be self discipline.


Thanks Nick


Paul


Originally Posted By: cmccann
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Am I missing something? The Inspirational forum is in the members only and the legal advice is still open to all. Is this not backwards?


–
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Chuck,


The Inspirational thread is in the appropriate forum now, "Members Only".
As for this particular thread being here, I agree, it should also be in the "Members Only" forum. By keeping this thread here, it will benefit all viewers alike. I personally think this should be privileged information for members only. But I don't make the rules here, that's Nicks' decision.

Nick,

I thought you decided that this thread would be placed in "Members Only"?![](upload://aknpuDfhccrZKRyjQTQQ4l0sais.gif)


--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



hi Guys, nothing has yet been moved as Chris is still ODing on turkey no doubt he will switch things around over the next few days.


Gerry


--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : [email protected]
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
[email protected]

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Geeze,


I just noticed that the 'Inspirational thread" is in "Misc Discussion" and "Members Only". Wow, Talk about getting the word out.
We all look forward to these changes.

![](upload://sWer2pindfmMDCmN5Iuoy3l7LAm.gif)


--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Just to correct a few misconceptions:


1. Michael, No one "quit" NACHI. If you are referring to Russel Kirk, he specifically emailed me to make sure I know he has not quit NACHI.

2. David, I don't "make the decisions." I would like the Legal Advice thread to stay visible to all. Nevertheless the Legal Advice thread is moving to Members-Only . See following instructions to Chris.

3. Chuck, This is the instructions I will be giving Chris when he gets home so where things are now are not where they will be soon. I understand a few are over in inspirational keeping it alive, well, and at the top of Misc Section. That will change next week. :

"Chris:

Create a "Legal Advice" section in members-only.
Give Joe Ferry access to members-only as "General Counsel."
Inform Joe Ferry to post his comments there out of view of non-members.
Create an "Inspection Unrelated" section at the bottom of the board.
Move any inspection unrelated threads like Iggy's Pic of the Week, What is your Sunday Car, Inspirational, Fishing, etc. to this new section.

Nick"


Nick


Originally Posted By: janderson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Quote:
"Chris:

Create a "Legal Advice" section in members-only.
Give Joe Ferry access to members-only as "General Counsel."
Inform Joe Ferry to post his comments there out of view of non-members.
Create an "Inspection Unrelated" section at the bottom of the board.
Move any inspection unrelated threads like Iggy's Pic of the Week, What is your Sunday Car, Inspirational, Fishing, etc. to this new section.

Nick"


I like it. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)


--
Within the seeds of ignorance lie the fruits of denial

Jeremiah

Originally Posted By: rking
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Nick,


The last three posts say it well.
I think both of those ideas are good, I also think that the legal thread should be Members only because of the simple fact that if involved in litigation one does not want the competition to have access to the argument before hand. If they do, then there is no point of the litigation because for all intents and purposes it is already over!

How about a poll??


--
Muskoka Home Inspections
"Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences"
Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



It appears we have all somewhat agreed to the aforementioned instructions which I will forward to Chris. Not perfect but better than what we had.


Thank you all for helping with this.

Nick


Originally Posted By: jrooff
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Nick,


“I like the Legal Section being moved to members-only and an Inspection-Unrelated Section being added to the bottom of our board.”


This makes a lot of sense and your right not everyone will be happy, but it will be better for NACHI in the long run, I believe.

James,


Originally Posted By: Mike Parks
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



From a non-member. Could you benefit from his answer to this?


From the ORC (the Ohio Revised Code)

? 3783.06 Prohibition.

Text of Statute

No person shall engage in the practice of electrical inspection in this state unless he is the holder of a certificate of competency as an electrical safety inspector issued under Chapter 3783 of the Revised Code. Any person practicing or offering to practice electrical inspection shall show proof of his certification upon request as provided by rules of the board of building standards.

HISTORY: 133 v H 991 (Eff 9-4-70); 135 v H 1. Eff 3-22-73.

Question?

Is a home inspector allowed to inspect the electric in a home?

Mike P.


Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Mike,


Welcome to the NACHI board.
You are better off asking this question in the proper forum. You'll get a quicker response if you go to this location.
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewforum.php?f=24


--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Joe DiGiacomo
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Nick, then why have anything at all in ‘members only’…think about it. I think something like free LEGAL advise should be available to members only. If for nothing else, for liability issues (someone out to get NACHI).