Revision to changes on 11/21/2004

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?p=84265

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://tlSkqUyM5swM3TZMibwptkTj5Ho.html)

Originally Posted By: awatson

I’m confused…

Does this mean that anyone can read this section, but only members can posts here?

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Yes I belive that’s what it means.

Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Yes

Chris Morrell

![](upload://dyw2fOVfLFflD2MDUzumBCKpGqD.html)

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Your up late Chris…

Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

There’s a lot to be done icon_smile.gif

Chris Morrell

![](upload://tlSkqUyM5swM3TZMibwptkTj5Ho.html)

Originally Posted By: mtimpani

THis is a very bad idea!

Thank you, MarkTimpani

www.pridepropertyinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dfrend

I disagree: members asked, the steering committee listened. Like it or not, the decision has been made and I thank the committee for showing us that they are listening.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

dfrend wrote:
I disagree: members asked, the steering committee listened. Like it or not, the decision has been made and I thank the committee for showing us that they are listening.

Daniel,

Still, don't you, kinda get the feeling that at best it was a compromise, and somehow or other I hear playing in the background... Bye, Bye Miss American Pie. ![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif) Different lyrics same tune.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: dharris

awatson wrote:
I'm confused...
Does this mean that anyone can read this section, but only members can posts here?

GOOD MOVE
Lets see, now the ED of this org can continue to spew all his lies, inaccurate propaganda , on this partially open board, allowing him to continue his sole effort of lowering the standards of this profession with out any dispute

The nachi steering committee is a group of spineless cowards to bow down to permit this unethical continued BS

But only members can reply with posts here,
Sure and if the powers to be don't like your response you will be informed that you are welcome to leave any time

IM confused,
no need to be, just another example that this org is run by 1 dictator, and what members want does not matter if the dictator sees any change as a threat to his empire

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I love moments like this… they only come around once in a blue moon… here goes:

Dan, I argued ferociously against this change made by the SC... The SC decision was unanimously against me. So much for your dictatorship theory. Had you been paying attention, Gerry already explained in another thread that I fought this decision and lost. I'd much rather keep this an open message board, but we are in clean up mode, like it or not.

Hope you can type with your foot in your mouth. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) Don't choke! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

I trust you will recant your former statement.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Quote:
I trust you will recant your former statement.
[/quote]

I'm not recanting sh--
Yesterday the SC announced that all your BS would be in the members only, Thats fine with me and where it should be
now today it's been decided that your BS will open to non members, but only members can reply

Then go argue with the SC. It’s your SC.

The point is that I have nothing to do with this decision other than being overruled by it.

Anyway, I think it pretty clear at this point that I couldn't care any less what non-NACHI members think or say. I only care about serving members like you. This is probably (although I'm not certain) at the heart of the SC decision which I respect and comply with.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Dan, the reason I say you have your foot in your mouth is because I agree with you. I like the board open.

I just am powerless to do anything about YOUR SC.

I will say this... the SC is not made up of a bunch of potted plants. They hash things out, think things out, and like it or not, make the major calls for this association.

I strongly support them.

I don't think their decision is horrible though. The more I look at it, the more I see their side of the issue. Regardless, it is their decision to make, not mine, not yours. Let's sympathize with their position of decision making... it is hard to make these calls. Give them some credit for doing it. It's a rough job.

My BS (as you call it) is still in http://www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm which gets more consumer traffic than this message board by a factor of at least 100.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Quote:
I only care about serving members like you.
![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)
Bless your heart nickey, at least till the next time when you decide to stab me or some one else in the back

Maybe the SC committee should reply, I'm not the only one with the same thought as I've recieved far more emails on my post with members having the same oponions than posts made here

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Dan, I’m curious. By your disrespectful comments posted, why do you stay & continue to post such negativity ? Doug

Originally Posted By: rwills

Quote:
The nachi steering committee is a group of spineless cowards to bow down to permit this unethical continued BS

Mr. Harris, I suggest you take a few minutes and read the board rules yourself! You got a problem with Nick or the board setup that's fine, I can vouch for one thing, Nick not only had nothing to do with the recent changes, he was against it. You got a beef with Nick that's fine! You resort to degrading or name calling to me in the process and I will personally lodge a complaint against your a$$. Bob W - Volunteer SC Member.

--
Bob Wills - MAB Chairman
BW Inspection Services
Warminster, Pa.
http://www.bwinspections.com

I have a lot of respect for the SC.

They knew this decision was not popular with some members.
They knew this decision was not popular with Chris who implemented it.
They knew this decision was not popular with me.

I'm glad they didn't have to run a popularity contest!

Anyway, I am very proud of the SC for doing what they think was right, despite it's lack of popularity with some.

My hat is off to the SC. They can lead this association into the future.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

You resort to degrading or name calling to me in the process and I will personally lodge a complaint against your a$$. Bob W - Volunteer SC Member.[/quote] icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

If your a SC member maybe you can tell me and the 5 opps got another one 6 other members that emailed me,

Why did you revert back to a open board with the general and miss areas??

Dan, I saw the vote when they sent me the order… it was unanimous.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.