NACHI Caravan - Approved for State CEUs?

Originally Posted By: jbushart
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I should drink more than one cup of coffee before I get on this board in the morning. I can clearly see what you are saying, now, that we do meet the requirements but have simply yet to have the paperwork approved to present Illinois CEUs for the Caravan training. I was thinking that there was new information. Sorry for my confusion.

Perhaps, when this has been accomplished, we will see the NACHI Caravan making a stop in Chicago with 100 trainees. This would be nice.

There is something that I feel should be mentioned in this regard to my Illinois neighbors who are NACHI members. Regardless of whether or not the State of Illinois presently awards credit for this training, it is still a valuable source of information that is free and only a few hours from home. If it can help you to be a better home inspector, which additional knowledge in buidling science will always do, it's still worth the drive. Come on out.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Jim.

Why just Chicago. Sure, Russ Myers, who is coordinating all this along with Ken Demski, are located in the Chicago area, but that does not mean that courses will be locatalized here, with Ken and all the other Illinois inspectors out by you getting enormous travel miles.

We see getting a number of courses approved and offereing them to ALL Illinois inspectors (not just NACHI). Although, non-NACHI inspectors will have to pay more, the cost will still be lower than what is currently available. Even better, these courses will have MUCH greater content and be much more challanging than what is currently available.

Sure, one could fulfill their 12 hours per license term by the taking easy (and unchallanging and BORING) courses now offered. But I would like to think that NACHI inspectors would welcome more challanging courses rather than just siiting through 3 or 6 hours of the same old pap they had to learn during their pre-licensing courses.

That is the real challange!

and, please be patient. We are working on it.

Thanks

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Will

Hi. Sorry I am so slow in returning phone messages. If I was quicker, I might understand more what the issue is.

As far as the NACHI Caravan is concerned, I am expecting there to be a glitch or two with this being their first trip out. Certainly, we will look to see many enhancements and a smoother run with their future outings.

I am pleased with the product, as it was explained to me, and look forward to it.

There are probably a hundred different and effective ways to run an educational program and while we may all not always agree on any one perfect way, we all agree and value the need for continuing HI training. You guys in Chicago are really staying on top of what your state needs to award credits which is fantastic. Hats off to you and Russ.

Don't forget, though, that while Illinois requires only 12 CEUs every two years, NACHI requires 24 every year. The course in St. Peters is worth 16 of them. Hope to see some Illinois folks in attendance.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

Gentlemen:

I believe Mr. Brown and I have this matter well under control.

As soon as we have something to announce, as it may pertain to Illinois, it will be very prominently posted.

Until then, I would ask your indulgence, and patience.

NACHI educational benefits are the number one priority. Individual State educational requirements are secondary. and should be addressed as such.
State approved CEU's are a more recent fringe benefit of NACHI membership.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

rmyers1 wrote:
Gentlemen:

I believe Mr. Brown and I have this matter well under control.

As soon as we have something to announce, as it may pertain to Illinois, it will be very prominently posted.

Until then, I would ask your indulgence, and patience.

NACHI educational benefits are the number one priority. Individual State educational requirements are secondary. and should be addressed as such.

jbowman wrote:

The NACHI Caravan does meet Illinois CEU requirements.

Which statement is True?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Think, Joe H. These two statements are not, necessarily, in contradiction to one another.

www.monachi.org

jbushart wrote:
Think, Joe H. These two statements are not, necessarily, in contradiction to one another.

![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

The courses currently meet State CEU Requirements or they Don't.

Which is it?

--
Joseph Hagarty

Meeting the requirements and having a certificate from them that attests to it are not the same thing.

www.monachi.org

jbushart wrote:
Meeting the requirements and having a certificate from them that attests to it are not the same thing.

![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
Joseph Hagarty

jbushart wrote:

Your Answer is No.

Thank you for the Clarification.

--
Joseph Hagarty

Originally Posted By: ksitzes

Quote:

How sad that Mr. MYERS thinks that State educational requirements are secondary. I though that NACHI is all about helping the member, an one of the thing we here in ILL. is CEU. So why would NACHI spend all this money to bring a NACHI Caravan training to the St. Louis Mo. area any not have it approved for ILL. when most of the SO. ILL inspector live about 1 to 2 hours away. I would think if it was approved that they would attend the training. It dose the SO. ILL. inspector no good if it approved for ILL an we have to travel to Chicago that 3 or 4 days lost wages for us.