NACHI's Russel Kirk offers online marketing class thru NHITI

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/nhitikirk.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Wow…knowing Russel’s tips work first hand, it should be well worth the money. icon_exclaim.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: mthomas

I am putting on my guerilla suit as we speak.

Originally Posted By: gbell

One step closer to becoming the next ASHI.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: rray

With the members that ASHI currently seems to be losing, someone has to take their place. Why not NACHI? We’re #2 right now, and I really do think we try harder.

When I joined ASHI as a "Candidate Member" in September 2001, they didn't give a damn about me. They not only still don't give a damn about their "Candidate Members," but they have now proven that they don't give a damn about their full members, either.

Let's all work to replace ASHI with NACHI. We could also make NACHOs our national food because they sure go well with margaritas. Mine with jalapenos, please.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Oh, by the way, we jumped the gun a little there with this thread. We’re still working to put something together, particularly concerning time commitments on my part. If it doesn’t look like it will work, I’ll have to dedicate my time elsewhere. But stay tuned. We think it will work, but August 1 might be pushing it still. I refuse to do a poor job, so if I can’t do a good job, then we’ll postpone the start date.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

To all Members:

The following is my own opinion. I am discouraged to see that two of our members have taken it upon themselves to start NHITI. Even worse is that it has the backing of our founder and that he is apparently an instructor for them (per their web site).
I thought that NACHI was starting training such as what Joe Tedesco is doing now for chapters across the country. I thought we were going to have an online training program to help improve the quality of our membership. We have Dave Bush getting deals on all types of equipment at a great price for members. Have you noticed how Dfrend always has a post offering something from nhiti when someone asks Dave about a product? Now we are going to have a marketing class given by or own R Kirk with the profits going to two of our members. Please don't get me wrong I think Russell and Gary are very intelligent people. They will probably become very wealth from this endeavor. Just like some of the people that did the same thing with ASHI. Kevin O'Malley of ITA comes to mind. So fellow members; get that checkbook ready because the cost of training is no longer a member benefit nor will that cost help to build NACHI.
It has always been my belief that what made NACHI so great were them offering all of this with the price of membership without the profits going to a select few. I do not understand why all of this could not have been done by NACHI. Why could we not have a list of speakers and trainers that each chapter president could select from. Each chapter could choose the topics that would be relevant to their area. The chapter could charge the fee and any monies left over could be used to fund the chapter. This would have been a great way to fund all of the chapters now forming.
I believe that members starting their own enterprises for profit to train inspectors are what started the downfall and dissention within ASHI. Is Nachi now going down the same path? So as stated in an earlier post we are one step closer to becoming the next ASHI.

Just something to think about.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Our classes are NOT affiliated with NACHI. We are members who made a business move. Just like ITA, we offer classes to ALL associations. And since I have been here, NACHI has not had FREE training. The Joe Tedesco classes are still paid for, just not by members directly.

In addition, we are not out to destroy NACHI. We are still members, and I am still an active inspector and spend countless hours on the Safe House Campaign. I am not a member of any other association as an inspector.

As to Nick or any other member that may or may not teach for us, there are tons of members here and with other associations that teach for colleges or home inspection schools all over. That is their choice and not their associations.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Greg makes a couple valid points… the main one being my personal participation in any of this.

I think there should be some line drawn for me between helping a fellow NACHI member's business and indirect NACHI subsidization of that member's for-profit business through my (though innocent and uncompensated) participation.

Can someone suggest a clear line for me to be conscious of?

Nick

PS. I see nothing wrong with Russel (or anyone else who doesn't have editing control of the non-message board pages of this website) participating in anything he wants to do (for a fee or not). I on the other hand believe I should be required by NACHI to wear my NACHI hat... 24/7.

BTW, we will take down Nick from instructors list. It was from a discussion with him when we kicked off and he agreed to do it. Never been scheduled yet and we will keep it that way.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

It sounds to me like good business sense in the midst of the greatest capitalistic society tha ever existed. I’m only jealous that I didn’t think of NHITI before they did. I’m also jealous that I didn’t think of NACHI before Nick did. I guess I’m just a very jealous person. Maybe that’s why I drink margaritas.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Ironically…

This thread will likely lead to a written policy which permits me to offer my speaking services free to all schools... except those owned by NACHI members. I am already scheduled to speak for numerous community colleges.

It is the price we pay for staying clean (and looking clean) ... and I don't mind paying it.

Nick

I would like to clarify some of my statements.

There are many members of NACHI that have a second or third business enterprise. They also use the Message board to promote their product. A couple that come to mind are Dave with his ink and Cheryl who makes signs and banners. Those items do not conflict with what NACHI is offering. The training that is being offered through Nhiti has a direct relationship with what is being offered to us as members of NACHI.

To Dfrend:

None of my comments are meant as a personnel attack, but I can understand how they could be presumed as such. But you must admit that you have been offering the same type of items on the message board that the association it self is set up to provide. To me that is a conflict of interest. I do not think any member should be allowed to promote a service that offers something that the association does.

To Mr. Gromicko:

The thought of you doing something under handed in this endeavor never entered my mind. I have too much respect for you and what you have accomplished. Forgive me I do not recall where it said the marketing course you were giving was free of charge. As home inspectors we have to deal with how people will perceive our actions on a daily basis. As an insider it sure looked to me like this site could be an offshoot of NACHI.

To Russell Kirk:

You are right, this is good American business. As you stated earlier this may not work due to time constraints. With that being the case I can only assume that you may not have the time to help out all of the members like you have been. You have been a driving force the last couple of months. Your posts made me believe that you wanted to devote your free time to promoting NACHI. You even helped me to have hope again. With the new project will you be able to help our members as you have been? I do understand that this is a business decision for you. Just rest assured that you will be missed by your family here in the cyber world should time not permit your presence.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

don’t charge anyone for them. The schools, be it NHITI or Community Colleges, etc most often do charge their students. I, like Dave Bush, do these appearances as sort of ambassadors of NACHI.

This is why I should not and do not have any interest in any for-profit venture marketed on a NACHI-owned website... and there are a bunch! ... http://www.nachi.org/deals.htm

Nick

PS. No more of this "Mr. Gromicko" stuff, huh ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif) .

Thank you for clarifying. I certainly respect your opinion. As to my offerings, I have made efforts to limit anything to two situations. First, when a member is looking for something in particular. Just like any other vendor that visits would point to the fact they have it, be it Insurance or Reporting systems. The second is when there is a deal for NACHI members involved.

Quote:
But you must admit that you have been offering the same type of items on the message board that the association it self is set up to provide.

Please clarify. What does the association provide? Are you refering to the deals Dave negotiates on products? Dave does a lot of work getting good rates for NACHI members. It is a great benefit. Should I not offer a product below what the previous deal was? I have offered to Dave that we will give him a price on any deals he wants to offer.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store