National Certification... its growing on me.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The more I look at Canadian National Certification, the more I’m starting to like it.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Does have a nice ring to it. InterNACHI should be considering this especially in Canada.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’m forgetting about any bad blood (which occurs naturally) in the past and trying to be open minded about it.

Originally Posted By: rcooke

gromicko wrote:
I'm forgetting about any bad blood (which occurs naturally) in the past and trying to be open minded about it.

As Paul Harvey says and now for the rest of the Story ??????????

I think there is something more to come will be very interesting to hear it

Roy Sr.

A HAPPY NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: lewens

Nick

I don’t have a problem with National Certification, per se, it is just the way it is being jamned down our throats that gets under my skin. What needs to happen is to get the government here to recognise NACHI as a force to be reckoned with. We need some lobbying in Ottawa to get in their face about the way CAHPI is implementing the inititive. I din’t believe for one minute it will be unbiased or implimented fairly. This much has been already hinted at in a release by a CAHPI member in Winnipeg last year. Although we were told there would be no gradfathering allowed, he said that CAHPI members would be allowed to submit past inspections and education as proof of competance and in some cases they would be granted certification. This, to me, sounds like grandfathering. So it is the implimentation that is going to be exceedingly bent toward existing CAHPI members.

Larry

Originally Posted By: rwand1

Larry

I haven't heard a consistant story from anyone. This project is very large, it is being told to everyone in a peace meal fashion through provincial associations news releases. Everything is being done behind closed doors, information is released that puts everything in the best light. No input from the rank and file. I don't trust anyone to design and implement my future without input and accountability.

This whole project is beginning to appear to be a well funded project for the enlightenment for a few who may also be seeking higher statures.

No one has proven how this project will affect anyones business whatsoever. Who does CAHPI report to? We know that answer, and it is to themselves.

Cheers,

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Originally Posted By: twheeler

As a Canadian Home Inspector, I am not the least bit concerned with this growing “threat”, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to enforce NACHI’S role in this district.

I have recently won a major contract with the Federal Government, and was in the running with several inspectors that are affiliated with OAHI, and the response from the regional manager was that I had more to offer.

I was told that no matter what happens, I am locked into this contract for 3 years.

I look forward to the day when NACHI becomes the largest home inspection Organization in Ontario.

Originally Posted By: rcooke

twheeler wrote:
As a Canadian Home Inspector, I am not the least bit concerned with this growing "threat", and I am willing to do whatever it takes to enforce NACHI'S role in this district.
I have recently won a major contract with the Federal Government, and was in the running with several inspectors that are affiliated with OAHI, and the response from the regional manager was that I had more to offer.
I was told that no matter what happens, I am locked into this contract for 3 years.
I look forward to the day when NACHI becomes the largest home inspection Organization in Ontario.

Good for you Tyrone You are the greatest . Glad for you.

Roy sr..... R.H.I.... CAHPI-on..... C.H.I.