Need help selecting report software

Oh…now I see the reason behind your obnoxious post, Jeff. You must be Jeffrey Knight from Knights Software. Can’t stand the competition, huh? Maybe you should spend more time trying to improve your “software” and spend less time being critical of mine.

Martin,
It was just a post to let you know that you cannot do false advertising of features you think are unique to your new software in the marketplace. I have no problem with competition…in fact I am good friends with most of my competition from Russel at HomeGauge…Will at PalmTech…Loren at InspectVue…even Carl at 3D :-)… I just have a problem with someone new making false statements about their software and THEM being critical about the current software out there without doing their homework first. I was never critical about your software…just the fact that YOU were making statements that were not true.
This will be the last post I will make on this subject and I will let the inspectors make their own judgements as to whether they are true or not…and don’t worry about me having time to do improvements to our software…we just came out with a v6 that has a lot of new features and we have always released a major new version of our software every 2 years for the past 10 years.

Jeff

Hi Martin,

Please take a quick look at WhisperReporter… it has Picklists which I believe are the same as your dropdown text boxes. They can be added anywhere, even in canned responses that we refer to as RapidRemarks. Use the Picklist manager under Tools to create new picklists and/or manage existing ones. Also, the picklists appear as standard text so that you can see the proper word wrap in a WYSIWYG comment area. Picklist marked text is simply hyperlinked to visually indicate that it is a picklist… just click on it to pick from the popup list.
http://www.whispersolutions.com/WhisperReporter.htm

If you’d prefer I can quickly put a screen-cam video together on picklists if you don’t want to bother demoing the product. We are not well known outside of Texas, but we’ll eventually get around to getting better info and videos on our website, plus of course some advertising!

Eric

You gotta love the vender’s fighting on the message board.

I think fighting on the MB is a NACHI tradition.:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like I stand corrected. Software vendors beware: Never compare your inspection software to other inspection software, and never claim to have features that the others don’t without having first done some exhaustive freakin research…

A SPECIAL OFFER

Since the original idea behind my post was to have NACHI members take a look at InspectMaster and not enter into a pissing contest with anyone, I’d like to make a proposal: With NACHI’s blessing (or barring any objections from Nick), I will give away free copies of InspectMaster to five (5) NACHI members that submit the most comprehensive reviews of InspectMaster (to be posted on the newer ‘A SPECIAL OFFER’ thread). These reviews should cover the programs major features, so try to make them at least 2000 words long.

Any review that is quick and dirty (and/or where I can see that somebody is just faking it) will not be considered. Reviews that mention the most ‘hidden’ features and shortcuts will go to the top of the list. Creating new narratives is so simple that it may at first appear complicated. Accurate and short explanations on how to create new narratives will also be ranked highly.

In any event, the reviews should be totally subjective, so reviews that are not ‘favorable’ will NOT be rejected. I’m just looking for some honest feedback.

I reserve the right to use any portion of any of the submissions as testimonials to be placed on my website. After all, I am giving away $3000.00 worth of software. Do not submit a review if you do not want to run the risk of seeing your name on the InspectMaster website.

I will pick and announce the 5 winners on Friday, September 21, and send out registration keys at the end of the day, so if you are interested in participating, you have a full week to play with the software. I urge all participants to carefully review the ‘Tour’ guide that is on the website, as the program guide included in the program is outdated and in the process of being updated. However, it is my hope that you will find the software intuitive enough that you won’t have to do too much reading.

You can download the demo here: http://www.inspectmaster.com/demo.php

If there are any questions, please post them on the ‘A SPECIAL OFFER’ thread so that all can see. I will answer them as quickly as possible.

All the best and good luck,

Martin Peterson
InspectMaster

ad.jpg

ad.jpg

Martin

Your e-mail solicitation does not have a link to opt out. Please provide one so that I can stop getting your e-mails.
I have no interest in your product and I do not buy products from anyone that is not a member of NACHI.

I concur…Those damn spammers piss me off.

Hey David,

I really don’t mind the spammers, because sometimes it is something that I might be interested in. I do mind when they don’t follow the rules and provide a link to discontinue their solicitation.

Exact-o-mungo, Mr. Bell.

Greg,

The email in question now includes an ‘unsubscribe’ link. I have removed your name.

Martin Hewitt
InspectMaster

I …will be downloading a copy to check out your software MR Martin.
I …currently use Horizon which I am very happy with.
I…was concidering however going with no software at all in the near future in order to have better control over layout and get rid of the canned look.
My reports include lots of photos with object insertion (meaning illustration arrows and small text for you jokers), and my rating of the product will reflect these needs.That is one problem with cheaper programs like Report host.
Try and change the look. (Good Luck on that)
Presentation is as important as the words inside the report in this guys opinion.

http://www.home-inspect.com/forms/matrixdeluxe.asp

The busiest inspector in my area, over 300 a year uses a homemade checklist similar to this including a summary page with pictures and arrows. He started in 2001. Even though some agents that have been using him like my narrative style better.

And the winner’s are:

1. ?
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?

From my (Inspector) view point…

The winner is… InspectVue! Ramos did a great job comparing software, and I even looked at Home Guage, 3D, and some others.

They still do not compare to InspectVue. One important thing that we all leave out, is that clients need to easily read and understand their report… the less confusion, the less likely they will miss something when reading your report. And the better they understand your report, the less likely you get questioned or better yet sued for a problem.

The (Checkbox) format of other programs will not protect you, a brief description of each item will!

Just my thoughts…
www.americandreamhomeinspection.net

I still prefer Horizon.If it is not on-line I see no reason to need it.
All comments and pics can be stored to clipboard programs with more control.

I tried Inspect Master with a few snags that lead me to think it is still in Beta.
The lack of response from Martin does not build confidence.
My initial testing found IE is not a supported format.
You cannot download the guide without Martin sending you a special link.
The photo program freezes up my computer when dragging my curser across the thumbnails.
The drop down links are kinda cool and seem to be the main feature.
This was my initial look and after one week I have not received a E-Mail in response to my last query.
Support may be an issue in this case.

Yup! Maybe we’ve frighten him . . . really wouldn’t know why . . . we’re mostly friendly here.

I use Inspection Wise www.inspectionwise.com It is really user friendly but most of all comes with great customer service. Bob Payne is the owner. Quick story, My PDA developed a virus that shut down my system… I did a reinstall and could not get my reporting software to function. Called Bob, he tried to walk me through it but I kept screwing up what he was telling me. My son had a baseball tournament on a Saturday, Bob had me drop it off with him. He went through system got it up and running and did not charge me a cent. If that is not the best reason to choose a reporting software I don’t know what is.

You got me all excited but it looks like it is only for PDA’s