New Fluke Ti32

“We” are the membership Einstein.

You’re the CEO of a company and that’s the way you act in front of your prospective customers in a public place?

How could a man in your position not understand the basics of PR and customer relations?

You can’t be a CEO. You must just be the night janitor that stumbled onto the CEO’s password. C’mon…fess up.

Please continue to attack the idea that those who provide
members with deeper discounts are some how immoral.
Your really making points… LOL… :mrgreen:

Watch your sales drop like a rock.

I’ve said what I wanted to say.

Happy Selling!

Contact me and we can work out a deal to help your sells.

We get similar complaints from the schools about all our free, online, approved continuing education.

I don’t use my “Non-members can die and go to hell” line literally. I only use it to hammer home my point.

InterNACHI’s sisters like www.InspectorOutlet.com are not in competition with tool companies. Inspector Outlet outright refuses to sell IR cameras to non-members.

InspectorOutlet, though legally a for-profit corporation, operates financially non-profit for the sole purpose of helping InterNACHI members and ONLY InterNACHI members.

Nick, I have watched other threads in other parts of your boards attacking you for some business practice (I wasn’t even sure what they heck they were talking about). I don’t even remember what it was. However I do remember thinking the posters were nuts. You never asked us for anything, we
voluntarily paid Nachi every month for advertisement. You never asked for a kick back and always seemed to have Nachi members first and formost in your thoughts and actions.

What does boggle me though are statements you make like this. You and I both know this is 100% not true. I cannot tell you how many people, mainly energy auditors not home inspectors, that we educate on infrared only to have you guys come in behind us and low ball the camera. If you google “Fluke TiR”, a post made a long time ago by a member ranks extremely well. So when potential customers (not just ours, anyone selling a TiR) go to research the camera they find that post. They then read the boards, and find inspectoroutlet selling TiR’s. So everything is fine and dandy, because after all we pay Nachi every month for advertisement, they would never under cut us. Plus they already agreeded contractually to another entity to only sell to their members. The problem is that usually isn’t the case. The loop hole is, you give away a free membership with the camera, so now those people can become Nachi members. Which you can now fulfill your contractual obligations and only sell to your members.

The bottom line is, you are benefiting the consumer and your members. I do not see a flaw in that. My only issue is, you can do it without breaking a contractual obligation that you and I both know you agreed to, and signed! You could of also done this without undercutting your own sponsors.

On Monday we will test this “I only care about Nachi members getting the best deal possible theory”.

If any of you buy one of these cameras before Monday (actually you can’t anyway, they are not even out yet), you will be doing yourself a dis-service.

David if you really think this is all about selling cameras, you are way off. I know if you just read this thread that is how it appears, plus Chris is just frustrated and comes across very abrasive in his posts. He really is a very calm and composed person.

A better analogy would be for you to pay the yellow pages for an add, then the yellow pages starts up a home inspection business that only charges $99. Or another one would be for the yellow pages to only agree to give these $99 home inspections away to consumers that buy a full page add. You then later find out they use their white page affiliation and offer it to anyone listed in there (even that is a bad analogy).

And do you honestly think we are gougers for advertising the cameras at list? Go google any Fluke or FLIR infrared camera. Any guess why everyone advertises all the models at the same exact price? That is what happens when you are a man(woman) of your word, and that my friend is the real issue here! Do you think all those companies that advertise infrared cameras at the same price are gougers? Do you think we are gougers for fulfilling our contractual agreements? Go through the Ideal section on our site and compare us to anyone. The Knipex section, Makita, Bosch, you name it. We get very good pricing from manufactures and pass it on to the consumer, we are not gougers!

JJ

You made agreements with me and never kept them. You
got what you wanted, at no charge, and I got nothing.

BTW… no one joins interNACHI by force. They join because
of the BENEFITS and SAVINGS they experience.

Did you think you have the right to demand control of
InspectorOutlet ? They (not interNACHI) sell tools for profit,
but at the same time, do it at savings for members.

If the vendors will not save the members money, then
what should we do?

That is the bottom line, correct? We do it for less and
somehow this is immoral?

Should we now tell all the members that we have decided
that it is more important for you to make profits than
for the members to save money?

What did I get at no charge from you John? I am lost. When we first started advertising here (at a charge), you asked me to help you sell training. I was not familiar with you, but your company name is infrared certified. I later found out that it is not what is considered “infrared certified”. Yes I know yours is targeted for home inspectors, which is fine, and honestly from what I know you offer a great service for that trade. Unfortunately for us, your training wasn’t a good fit because that isn’t the bulk of our customers. So we normally go with other options.

Where the heck did I say anyone joined InterNachi by force. I said you give it away for free. I am not sure what kind of person would consider a free membership to an organization that can benefit them as “force”.

John, you can twist what I said however you see fit. But you and I both know the rules that are behind advertisment & marketing of certain items. You have choosen to not obey those rules, which is your choice. Just as my previous post states, you are either a man of your word or you are not. There is no grey area, it is black and white.

However, your post does bring up a big question I have had for ahwile. If inspectoroutlet and InterNachi are not one in the same, why the heck do they have the same exact address?

JJ

Just for the score card, look up above. You have one post that tells Chris to “watch his sales drop like a rock”, and another that says to “contact you if he wants to increase his sales”.

Who is demanding control?

On a side note, my x took off with my kids to TX, I would pay you handsomly if you can pull some TX strings and get her in control! ](*,)

I am not breaking any rules or agreements?

Inspectors get good deals all the time and tell their friends.
Are they ALL breaking some rules?

Are there rules that you should make money and they
are not allowed to tell their friends about other good deals?

Who do you think you are?

BTW… FLUKE has told me that I am not breaking any rules
because I do not sell IR cameras.

You have to obey their rules, not me. But you make money
from them, therefore you have to obey their rules.

I make no money selling IR cameras. I can say whatever
I want. This is America.

If you don’t send me any students… that’s OK. I can do it
without you. But if you make an agreement with me and
do not keep it, then you are the liar, not me.

InterNACHI saves members money and the IR industry
has to adjust. They have been raping the market for
too long. The old school is running head on with the
new kid on the block. Deal with it.

Talk to your master, that was his decision, not mine.

You are strange bird John. I compliment your training and you somehow come up with something negative. The only agreement with you I made is that I would help promote your training. You offered me a $50 per student referral kickback. I sent you three students, and told you to keep the $50 each and every time. Other than that, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Is this your new excuse? It sounds different than what you
just said. Or… is this the divide and conquer ploy?

Hey guys…nuf is enuf…air the laundry privately before everyone starts to looks bad before their peers and customers

This is getting dumb, I feel like I am on a social teenie network or something. This will be my last post on the subject, then you can have all the last words you want.

When we first started advertising here, I wanted to run a promo with Level I at a heavily discounted price. Go search for the post, it is still up somewhere. I still to this day gets calls on it once in ahwile. I called Nick before I did that and told him I didn’t want to step on your toes. His exact words were “John’s classes are plenty full. If it is a good deal to Nachi members then do it” So I sent him a draft of the promo. He said that it was fine, so I posted it.

I will give you this much, you work long hours. What is it, 11:30 there?

Sitting here watching the drama session and figured I would chime in.

John…can you tell me what you offer besides a lower price to your students that the Fluke sales companies don’t? Do you offer the option to finance or a lease to purchase option? How about a loaner program if the camera has to go into the shop for some reason? Inland marine insurance policies in case the unit is broken or stolen? Extended warranties for equipment?

Jason…I spoke with Steve and should be getting the paperwork tomorrow and it will be filled out and faxed in as soon as I get it when I am back in the office. Hope you have a camera set aside for me for the first shipment. Thanks for all the help over the last couple of months.

OK… now we hear the truth.

Nick said, as I agree, that the pie is big enough for everyone.
You have always been welcome to advertise other IR classes.

Your agreement with me was broken by you alone, without
any explanation to me. Don’t be like a teeny bopper and
say Nick told you to do it. :mrgreen: LOL. As we can see, that is
not the case at all.

I do not sell IR cameras. I have contacts who sell to my
students.

Yes… I have contacts who finance IR cameras. I know of
contacts that also offer extended warranties as well.

I mainly save people so much money that is obscene. Like
I said, my last student saved so much on his IR camera
he could literally go on a vacation to Hawaii.

Dare to challenge me with a price comparison?

Jason, I see your thinking and I sympathize with it.

I see you are the type of person who can handle the truth, so here it is: Like non-members, all vendors can die and go to hell. I only care about vendors to the extent that they can help InterNACHI members. I wear one hat. I’m so simple, so predictable.

InterNACHI provides its members with about a $50,000.00/year market advantage of non-members. Anything that increases that value proposition gets my help. Anything that doesn’t is of no concern to me.

Is Sam’s Club any different?

I think sometimes that vendors may overestimate how much money the average home inspector makes. A really good solo artist may be able to gross $150K per year. Factor in expenses (which can be high) and you’re not exactly on a path to “sick wealth”.

The vast majority of solo HI’s may only pull half that in this market if they’re lucky. Given this reality, these “good deals” are a necessity that allow the little guys to survive and believe me…we’re deserving and grateful for these perks. This is not an easy existence by any measure.