New InterNACHI inspection gallery image: 'Fire Door Elements'

Additional commercial inspection images can be found at Commercial Property Inspection Image Gallery - CCPIA

1 Like

That would not be accurate for a new construction Exterior door… (“Rated” interior separation only)…

Wrong handle/latch for the “swing” side of the door.

5 Likes

Jeffrey, please elaborate and provide the reference so that I can do a little more research. We always want to make sure these images are accurate.

1 Like

Bob, I have been staring at this image for a couple of weeks and you have hit it on the head. The image is accurate but the swing is inward instead of outward. At least based on the handle. Thank you. We will have it adjusted.

Just put the crash bar on the other side…all good.

and the closer and the frame label and…

Updated image above!

1 Like

Needs three hinges.

1 Like

Thank you Bob. It does require three hinges. I believe the NFPA 80 states that all doors up to 60 inches require 2 hinges and another hinge for every 30 inches of door. Since this is a standard door I would assume it is greater than 60 inches high. A new image as been created to represent that. Thank you for your insight.

door closers go on the inside of the door…not out in the weather…

1 Like

Hello James. Thank you. This door could also be located in a building and not on exterior. So long as a door is opening is the direction of exit or egress the swing is correct.

the closer would still go on the inside of the door…

1 Like

on a commercial door the inside of the door is considered the side You are standing on when the door opens by pushing away from You, regardless if it is an exit or a passage door…

1 Like

What james is saying is shown here, the door closer assembly is on the INSIDE of the door, NOT the swing (outside) side.

2 Likes

Thank you Bob. I understand what you are saying but not every door is constructed that way. We doors here in the office which have the hinges on the opposite side as what you are showing. This is not to argue but to show the various differences. Our goal with the image is to provide the items which should be present in the best representation of the inventory possible. There will be some images created which just cannot show everything in the perfect location and some extrapolations will have to made.

2 Likes