New to the Business

Originally Posted By: SBalen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am just finishing up some schooling, and getting things in place to start my own inspection business in minnesota. I could use any advice on getting started that I could get. How many of you that started your own business, had worries about not getting any or enough customers when you started. Any tips on other things that would help me, would be more than appreciated. I am not a member yet, but I plan on becoming a NACHI member.

Scott

Originally Posted By: dbush

Scott, probably all of us had the concern of not getting clients. I think that goes with any business hoping they get customers. With that said, one of the first things you need to do is join NACHI and reap the benefits of the marketing ideas/items and many other items that are available to members. The other thing you need to do is get some time to sit in front of your computer and read ALL of the posts and topics on this board it is a wealth of information. Next, go to www.findaninspector.us and find a NACHI member that is in an area somewhat near you, but not necessarily right in the same town, contact them and see if they would allow you to tag along on a few inspections. Most will.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: SBalen

I’ve been looking at a few messages, looks like i’ll have to do more. Also been trying to fined info online. Dave do you know any good books I could buy that would give me more education and about running a business.

scott

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Sbalen,

There are many good books, about starting and running a business. The best advice can often come from Accountants, CPA's and Attorneys, you should always consult someone as to what form your business should take and how not to get bit by the tax man.

Starting a business is a painful and rewarding experience.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895