Nick the Relentless Spin Doctor

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

1. I humbly refer you to the two next largest home inspection association’s online membership applications, neither of which have any application requirements at all other than to send in $.

Yes Nick, but they don't CERTIFY you just for joining either. You have to earn that, and it takes more than an hour or two. Some of your members clearly understand how that low certification bar is hurting the credibility of the organization, and will for as long as it stays that way.

I'm sure you don't think so, but the endless and obvious hype you like posting also has a significant detrimental effect. I've noticed the volume is up lately...you really seem to be enjoying the two big rocks the BOD gave you to stand behind (General Discussion & Misc. Discussion). I've resisted the urge to post and deflate them over here, but I think I'll just go with it for a while.

So why do people join here? Most of it was nailed by Chuck, but he did leave out the center post of NACHI success. Without the internet presence and bought-up search engines & domain names, NACHI would be another middle-of-the-pack org. I don't know whether to rightly credit you or Chris or both. And lastly I must partly credit the plodding nature of the other two main players, encumbered by both narrow, traditional thinking and a democratic process.

Anyone willing to defend Michael Napadow or Jack Milne should be as willing to reimburse our fellow inspectors who got snookered.

I haven't heard anyone defend Napadow since the eary days Nick, but the guys who are speaking for Milne over at I.N. know him personally. I think your members here are showing some nice professionalism by choosing not to attack him based solely on your statements. Maybe it's all true, maybe it isn't, but your habit of slanting and spinning the facts however best serves you leaves very few wanting to jump on any bandwagon on your word alone.

If and when your accusations against Mr. Milne are proven out, I'll be glad to join you in condemning him. Until then I'll reserve judgement.

I’m going to push through sensible licensing in Canada with our without anyone’s help.

This I gotta see.

Current list:

Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Belarus
Belgium
Brazil
Bulgaria
Canada
China
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Dominican Republic
Fiji
Finland
France
Guam
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Korea, South
Latvia
Lithuania
Malta
Mexico
New Zealand
Poland
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan

Just curious Nick, how many of these were freebies? That's one of the strangest things about this organization...some pay, some don't.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

How do we get this garbage cleaned up from the message board?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

I guess you start by banning me, but you have no reason other than disagreeing with me. But hey, it’s you guys’ board, and I support you banning anyone you chose.

Brian,

No, I don't think so. Banning you would be a waste, since all you do is talk to yourself on this (and other) threads, anyway. Go right ahead. Sorry to interrupt.

Besides, we can use this to show the world that NACHI provides an open floor for discussion, no matter how irrelevant or ridiculous, to even the least influential.

Party on.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: bbadger

It seems to show Brian is desperately in need of a life. icon_lol.gif

Bob Badger

Electrical Construction & Maintenance

Moderator at ECN

Originally Posted By: troberts1

when I last looked we are all home inspectors, can’t we all get along? icon_rolleyes.gif

Banning you would be a waste, since all you do is talk to yourself on this (and other) threads, anyway. Go right ahead. Sorry to interrupt.

Besides, we can use this to show the world that NACHI provides an open floor for discussion, no matter how irrelevant or ridiculous, to even the least influential.

That would have to be a semi-open door these days. I posted those remarks over on this thread because I couldn't post them in the places they rightly belonged in. The out-going BOD made sure Nick wouldn't be challenged so much by making the two places he posts most of his "announcements" into "read only" forums. My last post on this thread was a month ago anyway, until you picked it up.

I suppose it's some quirk of my nature, but for the life of me I can't get numb to the obvious hype, half-truths, and outright lies that Nick pours out here, often with anyone saying a word about it. When they do say something they get endless spin and BS. Just look at the thread about your "10,000 members". Read that and tell me how credible you think your ED is.

Ban me or ignore me, I'm fine either way.

You have to excuse them but since they have elected representation, they also have someone else doing their thinking for them. They also have someone else telling them what they are going to be doing, and how much they are going to pay for it.

He**, every time I hear branding and $1,000 a year membership dues...I just wanna run over their and join!

Then there's stuff like this (2 + 2 = 9). By that rationale all Americans have someone else doing thier thinking, telling them what to do, etc...silly us. Maybe America should just get an owner, huh?

The membership fees are $500, not $1000. $500 is bad enough, no need to stretch it.

Originally Posted By: tshields

Hey Brian!

What are you doing up a 300 am in the morning posting on the NACHI board? You should be asleep…

Freedom of the press and the right of dissent are important elements of liberty. While I do not agree with your sentiments at all, nor do I give any weight to the concerns that seem to totally consume so many NACHI-bashers, I will forever support your right to express it.

Having seen that you had not posted to this board for so long and had no one responding to your soliloquy, I thought it could be erased. You have changed my mind.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Brian,

You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about NACHI inspectors using the word certified to a get a foot in the door and then potentially becoming successful.

As you know, it takes a hell of a lot more than leveraging the word certified to make it in this business. Using the word certified is just another arrow in the quiver. Especially for new inspectors (IMO).

I use the NACHI "certification". It was one of the benefits that attracted me to this organization. Since becoming a member I have surpassed my business plan goals. I provide excellent service and value to my clients. I love my job. Newer NACHI members will do the same, some will fail. The camaraderie of the NACHI members here will continue to help members succeed while serving our clients needs in an honorable way.

Your comments here serve no purpose other than to strengthen our resolve. Resolve is something we all need and can use to become successful in this business.

For this, we the members of NACHI thank you.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

You really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about NACHI inspectors using the word certified to a get a foot in the door and then potentially becoming successful.

Like many others I'm bothered by how easily one gets certification here. I'm not bothered by anyone who does a good job becoming successful, NACHI or otherwise.

As you know, it takes a hell of a lot more than leveraging the word certified to make it in this business. Using the word certified is just another arrow in the quiver. Especially for new inspectors (IMO).

I agree it takes a lot more than that, it's just something an unqualified person shouldn't be able to get from a professional organization in less than an hour. New does not neccesarily mean unqualified.

I use the NACHI "certification". It was one of the benefits that attracted me to this organization. Since becoming a member I have surpassed my business plan goals. I provide excellent service and value to my clients. I love my job. Newer NACHI members will do the same, some will fail. The camaraderie of the NACHI members here will continue to help members succeed while serving our clients needs in an honorable way.

More power to you and the rest who do thier best.

Your comments here serve no purpose other than to strengthen our resolve. Resolve is something we all need and can use to become successful in this business.

For this, we the members of NACHI thank you.

I'm sure that's true, at least to a point. When it comes to this kind of stuff I post pretty much just for myself. Nick says something ridiculous and I just can't resist. I say what I've got to say, and that's it unless someone rattles my chain.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Good post John, did I just say that? icon_lol.gif

NACHI MAB!