TV Reporter takes NACHI's entrance exam.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/kdkafollowup.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

This is a good thing, I suppose…

Wait until he needs to sit in a proctored environment, ans have no maintenance man at his shoulder.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: vsantos

The certification he received was from an unknown correspondence school which appears to use NACHI’s entrance exam as their final exam and is in no way connected to NACHI.

Nick, will you be contacting that School and telling them not to use the exam?

Is this attention to NACHI good or are they trying to make a point that the exam is too easy? I personally like the new exam and feel there are some good questions that I would not have been able to answer without the formal training I received with ITA.

I can only hope you do this profession justice when the meeting occurs. In fact, why don't you ask us members for particular points we think you should bring up.

For example, the fact that the exam in no way decides whether or not you are ready to be an inspector.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

I continuously keep stating “Raise the bar on the entry exam”, but I guess Nick enjoys the public humiliation and stone throwing.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: aslimack

Nick,

Tell me your not STILL clueless on this. Is the new $289 a pop more important than the sustained $289 a pop from what would have been renewed memberships, had the credibility of the members been protected with a little common sense?

Adam, A Plus