Nicks flashlight sale

Where do I get replacement bulbs for those streamlight flashlights Nick sold us last year for $75.00? I cant seem to find out on my own.

http://www.professionalequipment.com/default.asp?keyword=stinger+bulbs

http://www.streamlight.com/

or any local streamlight distributor or retailer

And many major auto parts stores, such as Napa, Carquest, etc… as the Streamlights are a favorite of Auto Mechanics as well. When they first became popular, Snap-On sold them for around $250.00!

Does anyone else have a problem with the bulb coming unplugged?

I bought two flashlights and have the same problem with both. Every time I try to use it the bulb is floating around in the glass and I have to take it apart and plug it back in.

I have gotten several off Ebay for less than $9 including the shipping. But since I have said that there won’t be any left so you better hurry. The only time mine has come unplugged is if I dropped the light or bumped it real hard.

They sell them at the local Granger store as well

Thanks Jeff, I needed a new battery for mine. Now I know they cost $27.
Used mine four times on Inspections and it won’t charge anymore.

I have owned total of 4 in the last 6 years, and still have 3 in use to this day. Have never had any issues. Only replaced 2 bulbs, and 0 batteries. Just lucky I guess!

*Note: I will say the 12v vehicle fast chargers do not give as “deep” a charge as the home chargers. Mine always hit the home charger at the end of the day. Only use the vehicle chargers between inspections when I have multiple same day inspections.

Go with the Terralux LED conversion. Never need to replace the bulb again and the battery will last much longer. I have it on my stinger HP and will be buying for the ultra too.

http://www.google.com/products?q=terralux+led+ultra+stinger&scoring=p

Try a Police supply store.

I agree with Buck. Local Cop Shop. I get the UltraStinger bulbs for $5.47 a piece.

Chuck, how well are the LED replacements with distance? That has been the problem with the LED’s, they diffuse over distance.

Really good with the modern high powered LEDs. I decided to upgrade after one of my termite inspectors had one of the newer Poly Stinger LEDs and it outshown my incandescent Ultra Stinger across a crawlspace. I haven’t upgraded my Ultra Stinger yet, but I’m very happy with the upgrade I put in my Stinger HP.

BTW: The LED light color works much better better than incandescent for augmenting the camera flash at long distance.

I have 3, replaced two bulbs in 4 years. Bought them from the local police chief for $6 I think.

I got my 2 from NACHI - never had a problem.

PLUS, like old Chuck Bartley already said - go to a Cop Shop.

Our local one fixes them basically FREE on most malfunctions.

If you are looking for local retailers, try:
http://www.streamlite.com/locator.jsp

Also, the great thing about getting streamlight products is that they have a lifetime warranty (as stated in the support section of the streamlight website):
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Streamlight warrants its products to be free of defect for a lifetime of use.*
We will repair, replace or refund the purchase price, at our option, of any Streamlight product that does not work or that you manage to break for as long as you own it.
Of course, this limited lifetime warranty excludes abuse, batteries, bulbs and chargers. Rechargeable batteries and chargers have a (1) one year warranty with proof of purchase. To return your Light to take advantage of this guarantee. Go to Streamlights FAQ section for locations and information about Streamlights repair centers near you including the factory information. In any country or under any jurisdiction where specific restrictions exist on limited lifetime warranties, Streamlight offers a 10-year limited warranty.
*Excludes Sidewinder and M-series weapons mounted lights.
* See product for specific warranty.

Hope this helps.

The ones I got suck. If they were in a rubber housing they would be much better.

I went with professional equipment and ordered 4 for a total of $36.15.

No cop shop, car parts store, or dealer had them in the whole Memphis, TN area that I could locate.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, I would rate these flashlights a 4.

Each time they get banged, bumped, or dropped, the bulbs come out or go out. The handle is too skinny and the light end where they flare out is not very durable.

We mainly use them in HUD houses.They do light up well and the battery life is fair. Hard to keep them in the car charger working because every time we go off the curb or hit a bump in the hood we have to re-set them.

A rubber housing would make all the difference in the world.