Old Fused Panel

Older Fused Panel.

Vintage panel within a Main Line Estate Home.

Pictures of the Home…

Built between 1900 and 1904

Interior of the home was original in almost every detail…

Nice place Joe. Looks like they fused the neutrals. I did one last month with edison fuses, six of them. I thought they had six circuits at first, then I noticed three of the fuses were the neutrals. Three circuits for the whole house on #14 K&T, with 25 and 30 amp fuses.

I’ll take it! Send me the paperwork.

Brian,

This was an Unusual Inspection.

Home is in excess of 8000 square feet. (!00 Amp Service / K&T Wire throughout).

I was on-site for the better part of the day with an Electrician, Roofer, Slater, HVAC Contractor, General Contractor, and several Carpenters.

Rewire of the home was Recommended.

Estimated costs will be in excess of $25,000 as part of the total renovation.

EWWWWW…I dont want no stinkin K & T home…thehehehe…I may know a few good electricians that can rewire it however…:slight_smile:

NACHI project house…bring in ME,Greg,Brian and Peter and we shall REWIRE that sucker…:slight_smile:

Willing to do it at What Expense?

Joe, That is quite the panel, 100amps to a residence was a very big service back in that era, I love the panel, it is a work of art (OK so I have a twisted idea of art, but I love it).

Regards

Gerry

That was my first reaction as well.

The architecture of this home was ahead of its time for the period.

Estimation for renovation is totaling $500,000 to $750,000 over the $1,000,000 price requested.

Considered a bargain in this area.

ahhhh…lol…( foot in mouth )…well I will come up for $ 46,000 and gutted…not sure what the others want to get paid…thehehehe