Passing the national exam

Any advise to passing the national exam? Took it last month and did not pass.
I have study material etc… Any advise? I’m in CT
Thanks

Study ,then study some more, after you take the test, if time go back through it, thats what I did

1 Like

Welcome Giovanni! Study study study. Then when you take it again read the wording of the question and answers carefully and choose the MOST correct answer. Good Luck :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Tony

Thanks Bryan. What study materials did you use

I used ICA,and interNACHI and just about anything I could get my hands on, some folks use the study guides also, I did not

1 Like

I appreciate it Bryan
Thank you !

The method I did before taking the test was: Go back through all the courses and take each quiz. Keep talking the quiz until you get 100%. Look up the answers for the ones you got wrong. After the quizzes take the exam for that section. Keep taking until you get 100%. Look up the answers for the ones you got wrong. When you have done this, it takes a while, take the InterNachi practice exam. When you are done the exam it will show you the areas you are week in. Go back and redo the quizes/tests in your weak areas. Take the practice exam again. When you are in the green in all areas, go take the real test. Like as soon as you can. I used this and got a 97 on my test. Not bragging, just showing it worked for me… It probably look me a good two weeks of busting my ass to complete this study technique.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice
I started doing that…and yea it will take me a while
Wish me luck !

1 Like

Finding out where you are strong and weak is very important. https://www.thehomeinspectors.com/home-inspection-training/
The above link has a pretty good exam that will give you the answers as soon as you are done. I will offer to go over anything that doesn’t make sense. This way you will know where to focus.

1 Like

Thank you Charles
I may take you up on it… actually I will ! lol

If you’re in San Diego, don’t study. Get a job at Home Depot! hahaha.
I’m sure you’ll pass next time. Let us know when you pass!

1 Like

Lol…thanks for the vote of confidence

I did the ICA course, their practice tests… I also was a big fan of INTERNACHI flash card APP. Past the National Exam with a 696 first try… During the exam I kept track of any questions I wasn’t sure about. I believe the exam is 200 questions, so I figured if I was only “guessing” at less than 40 questions I was in good shape. Best of luck… I’m now studying for FAA Part 107 so I can start using my drone…

1 Like

Since no one else has said it yet buy the two NHIE books. They’re straight from the people who write the exam questions.

1 Like

Thank you Michael. Much appreciated!

Which two books are you referring to? This is my first post on this website and I’m not familiar with these books.

download (15)
download (12)

1 Like

These:

Oh, you are fast Scott! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like