Passing the national exam

Any advise to passing the national exam? Took it last month and did not pass.
I have study material etc… Any advise? I’m in CT
Thanks

Study ,then study some more, after you take the test, if time go back through it, thats what I did

1 Like

Welcome Giovanni! Study study study. Then when you take it again read the wording of the question and answers carefully and choose the MOST correct answer. Good Luck :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Tony

Thanks Bryan. What study materials did you use

I used ICA,and interNACHI and just about anything I could get my hands on, some folks use the study guides also, I did not

1 Like

I appreciate it Bryan
Thank you !

The method I did before taking the test was: Go back through all the courses and take each quiz. Keep talking the quiz until you get 100%. Look up the answers for the ones you got wrong. After the quizzes take the exam for that section. Keep taking until you get 100%. Look up the answers for the ones you got wrong. When you have done this, it takes a while, take the InterNachi practice exam. When you are done the exam it will show you the areas you are week in. Go back and redo the quizes/tests in your weak areas. Take the practice exam again. When you are in the green in all areas, go take the real test. Like as soon as you can. I used this and got a 97 on my test. Not bragging, just showing it worked for me… It probably look me a good two weeks of busting my ass to complete this study technique.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice
I started doing that…and yea it will take me a while
Wish me luck !

1 Like

Finding out where you are strong and weak is very important. https://www.thehomeinspectors.com/home-inspection-training/
The above link has a pretty good exam that will give you the answers as soon as you are done. I will offer to go over anything that doesn’t make sense. This way you will know where to focus.

1 Like

Thank you Charles
I may take you up on it… actually I will ! lol

If you’re in San Diego, don’t study. Get a job at Home Depot! hahaha.
I’m sure you’ll pass next time. Let us know when you pass!

1 Like

Lol…thanks for the vote of confidence

I did the ICA course, their practice tests… I also was a big fan of INTERNACHI flash card APP. Past the National Exam with a 696 first try… During the exam I kept track of any questions I wasn’t sure about. I believe the exam is 200 questions, so I figured if I was only “guessing” at less than 40 questions I was in good shape. Best of luck… I’m now studying for FAA Part 107 so I can start using my drone…

1 Like

Since no one else has said it yet buy the two NHIE books. They’re straight from the people who write the exam questions.

1 Like

Thank you Michael. Much appreciated!