Phone dialog with prospective client?/Chat dialog with Realtors?

I am going to be getting started in January.   I'm a little concerned about what to say on the phone  when speaking to a prospective client.     If anyone can just give a little feedback on some do's/don'ts, or what the best few points are to make during the 1 minute conversation that can break or seal the deal.  And I understand that it's possible that whoever picks up the phone first gets the inspection.    

Also, with this pandemic, I'm not looking forward to strolling into real estate offices begging for work while wearing a mask, not being able to effectively communicate or read the other parties facial expressions etc.  Any pointers on that?   Any advice on what is normally the routine of waltzing in the front door and telling a secretary what you're there for?   

These are my stumbling blocks for now.  I'm ready to do the actual inspections and write the reports, it is these aforementioned crucial topics that have my attention.      Thanks for any advice.

Lets do this so everyone can read it…

"I am going to be getting started in January. I’m a little concerned about what to say on the phone when speaking to a prospective client. If anyone can just give a little feedback on some do’s/don’ts, or what the best few points are to make during the 1 minute conversation that can break or seal the deal. And I understand that it’s possible that whoever picks up the phone first gets the inspection.

Also, with this pandemic, I’m not looking forward to strolling into real estate offices begging for work while wearing a mask, not being able to effectively communicate or read the other parties facial expressions etc. Any pointers on that? Any advice on what is normally the routine of waltzing in the front door and telling a secretary what you’re there for?

These are my stumbling blocks for now. I’m ready to do the actual inspections and write the reports, it is these aforementioned crucial topics that have my attention.
Thanks for any advice."

3 Likes

Just be yourself and let the conversation lead where it may. Don’t try and force a sales pitch in or it will come off as awkward and unnatural. Most people just want you to show a genuine interest in helping them. Let them do the talking and let them steer the conversation for the most part.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you. There aren’t many agents in offices around here. Don’t expect to make it past the sergeant of arms at the front desk. That’s seems to be the norm here but may be different in your market.

1 Like

www.nachi.org/soundsmart

2 Likes

I have no clue how to change the format on this thing. Hopefully there is a button to push somewhere.

1 Like

Well, It looks like you found it, Kevin Have fun and Enjoy!! :+1:

Call some of your competitors and see how they do it. Another way, although at this point in your career may not be economically feasible, is to hire an answering service to answer your phones.

This is the part of the business that you have to be a good salesman, you have to sell them on why it’s better to hire you than your competition.

Unfortunately with the pandemic, this is not a good time to be stopping into real estate offices. But this to shall pass, and when it does, most RE offices in my area have weekly or monthly meetings, try to get scheduled to go to one and sell your services there, also have high quality brochures and business cards to drop off.

Hey Kevin,
I had a lot of luck with local Real Estate networking groups. Look for those groups in your area. They are not all the same though, at least in my area there is a huge one and the vendor or affiliate membership (non-agents or brokers who service real estate transactions, like us) was $1,200 per year. I you wanted to sponsor a lunch or breakfast meeting it would cost another $1,000 each time. Forget it.
I found a much smaller group only charged affiliates $150 and sponsorships of lunches and stuff like that were super affordable. Even though the agent/broker membership is only 700 compared to the larger one with 5,000 I still believe that I made the right decision. In a smaller group your odds of getting to know people and having them get to know you are much greater.
Be patient. I regularly get jobs from agents I met 2 years ago. Even if the agent has an inspector they love, that inspector will one day not be available or will mess something up and that’s where you come in.

All GO, no quit.

Use this script: https://fullviewdigital.com/home-inspection-script-close-phone-calls/

1 Like

Great advice everyone. Now if I just have a good check list with me during the phone calls I’ll be set. I’m going to let the conversations flow organically and just make sure I remember to get all the information I need and give all the information the client needs. Trial by fire has always suited me, so scripted calls wasn’t going to be a good fit anyway.