Porter Valley Software

Originally Posted By: pinman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just purchased Porter Valley software. Is anyone using Inspect Vue and any help on using .

Originally Posted By: staylor

I am about to purchase the same program. What is your first impression?The demo disk doesn’t allow access to the scheduling and marketing modules. Have you used those yet? Please let me know before I invest in this software.

Steve Taylor

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

upgrades. I don’t use the scheduling or marketing features. Stable program that produces professional looking reports. Be prepared as with any software to spend a great deal of time customizing to your own style.

Overall, I really like the program.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: gmagee

I switched to PVS a few months back. I started with Matrix. What a difference! I get great feedback from clients who really like the reports, and I can move around the software with ease.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I’m considering this software because I understand there are 11,000 narrative statements. Tweaking needed or not, that’s a great base selection.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

pinman wrote:
When going to do an inspection do you use a hand held computer or do you use a template and do the report back at your office.

I use use a laptop and complete the report as I go. Print it out and give to the client at the end of the inspection. I am however looking into using a pocket pc.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: tallen

Erol,

PV recently added an alternate master library which greatly increased the total # of narratives.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Robert Alexander

I have been using InspectVue about a year and LOVE it! Lightweight software and comes with PocketPC PDA support as part of the package - not an extra.

It is extremely easy to use and outputs to PDF.

Pv just added a 3rd library icon_biggrin.gif Inspectvue residential.

Lorne and Keith are amazing.

Originally Posted By: Robert Alexander

Probably the best best feature soon to be added by Porter Valley is a Message board for InspectVue users to easily share narratives with fellow inspectors.

I agree.

This will be an invaluable tool for all Inspectvue users.

Like I said Lorne and Keith are way ahead of everyone else.

Do NACHI members get a discount on PV software?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Todd,

Yes, NACHI members get $100 off Porter Valley Software AND NACHI members get the Avoiding Litigation CD for free http://www.nachi.org/avoidinglitigation.htm I'm sure we'll also enjoy $100 off of their new commercial inspection version too.

Lorne Steiner of Porter Valley Software is NACHI's Director at Large http://www.nachi.org/directoratlarge.htm

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Lorne H. Steiner

As far as a $100 discount on the Commercial version for NACHI (and only NACHI) members when it becomes available early next year… you can count on it! icon_biggrin.gif

Lorne.

Originally Posted By: bking

the free CD, or actually just a free downloadable file, Avoiding Litigation at http://www.nachi.org/avoidinglitigation.htm is very good.

Reading ALL of the articles inspired me to make some posts on NACHI boards and to notify several inspectors of problems I became aware of with their reports.

not a lawyer, just have the ability to think like one.....

Originally Posted By: troberts1

Any one From Washington State Have some pest inspection pages to do a pest inspection using PV software that they would be willing to share with me. I need it to meet WSDA standards. If you can Help let me know.

Thank you. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: bsumpter

Quote:
I agree and understand that I have five days in which to rescind this contract, sign a release form, and become entitled to a full refund of the inspection fee.
Initials: _____

So, if I have this portion on my contract and it is signed, this means that my client can come back to me within five days and get a full refund? I realize that its there to protect me in the event of a buyer/seller default, but what protects my bank account from someone just taking advantage of my services for free?

Should I delete it?

I worry, as our new business is in HIGHLY litigious California
and no one wants to work for free!

--
"In the fields of observation, chance favors only the mind that is prepared"

Louis Pasteur

Originally Posted By: troberts1

I do not use this contract if you have a contract that you use cut and past it in one of the contract pages and you can use it remember to have and attorney check any contract be for use. icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I didn’t think there were recission laws in any state pertaining to services, only products.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Brian,

I have my own which is centered on Illinois laws. Get your own then add it to software as Ted suggests.

Erol Kartal