Positive feedback needed!

LMAO…I market ONE a day…SCREAMS “I SUCK”.

well off to the next inspection. James I am sure your in your usual position of sitting if front of the computer at your house because you have no work…see you after the next one…

Now that was constructive and well thought out and non confrontational too without a hint of bickering! :sarcasm: :roll:

There are many times that I have seen members ask questions and get shot in the foot for doing so. There are also many times that I have seen someone that I thought knew alot ask a really dumb question.
I take that back there are no dumb questions, they ask a question that one would think they should already know the answer to.

If we each would take a step back and think about our response before blasting away at people there would possibly be more activity on the boards. However we also need to realize that there are people out there that live on the drama and carnage that they create.

For this reason alone you take what you can from the information and ignore the rest. There are members of this organization that when I see thier name in a post I most often skip over their comment, I refuse to place anybody on an ignore list because occasionally they still offer sound advice or you are able to dig a small gem out of thier rambling.

Do you even inspect homes? Damn, I thought you were the NACHI tea party correspondant. Claim to fame is 25,000 posts on a message board. Nice!

I went to that other competing inspection organization message board that John Bowman started, that has Dale as president and Scott as vice president. NACHI was not held in high regard there. Russell posted on that message and got attacked.

I have seen supposed NACHI’s saint inspectors belittle newbies that ask simple questions.

So before somebody points their finger at NACHI, they need to look where their finger has been.

Well since bashing leads to learning and growth I just thought I woul help out. I was talking if new inspectors who apparently many are afraid of. But since you guys feel it’s beneficial. Let’s play

Just calling them as I see them.

Welcome to your meltdown.

If somebody wants to go to a nonbashing message board. They can go to HIP’s.

First rule here is grow some thick skin.

You might as well learn here as opposed to some difficult client or agent.

Newbies are welcomed here and seldom are subject to blistering criticism.

Everyone here was a newbie once.

There is much to learn here and many willing to pass along their knowledge freely.

The sensitive only need to stay out of the NFE section.

I was raised the old school way where you have to earn your right to passage. Just because you passed an exam doesn’t mean your equal. I’ve learned so much more from this message board and the fellow members that anyone not taking advantage is only hurting themselves. I think if the members see that you are truly trying to become a better inspector, you get more positive feedback.

I also know that most tenured inspectors here expect some research prior and some thought to what your opinion is on the question being asked versus just trying to get a free answer. Maybe we should have a checklist of some sort on what to do prior to posting a question.

Just trying to get this thread back to where it is “functioning as intended”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well said

We do not welcome newer inspectors with open arms for sure. That is my complaint. Its not a melt down, its when people come to me and say they do not use the message board because people belittle them or do not make them feel welcomed. ALL of them have said this, is this what NACHI is about?

Bash me all you want, I could care less. I do not believe in a “right of passage”, I believe in promoting professionalism 100% and helping those who do not have to obtain it to build our profession into a better light to the consumer.

So a right of passage is to let a newer guy screw over a few hundred clients before we help him? NICE…

HELP inspectors become BETTER all around and we can obtain a higher premium for our services. I guess people are just afraid the new guy will take their business, sad for a “seasoned” person to feel threatened by a newbie to take part of their market share. For those who are afraid. YOU SHOULD BE…I see what they are bringing to the table and the ideas and energy…and I hope they do TAKE 100% of your market share…and I will help them in any way possible.

Some of the “tenured” inspectors here are the worst offenders! :frowning:

Show us or it didn’t happen.

Michael, unlike you people actually come to my business to be mentored. I talk to them and this is what they tell me. I do 100% understand that if they are looking to sit at home, watch fox news and post on this board you are available. Which is awesome of you…Thanks…

Has anyone told you how wonderful you are Russel :roll:

What’s your problem?

Russell, you cannot turn NACHI into something that it is not. This is a pretty open message board. Anybody who comments on an open message board needs to have a thick skin. Jeff Pope jump all over a newbie inspector I was just started to mentor, once. Did Jeff do the wrong thing by jumping on this newbie’s butt? Yes, but so what. Should this inspector have gotten a thicker skin? Definitely Yes!

I have no problem at all. My problem is that when you come here how many new people do you see actively on this board? Why? Know why you don’t care, because your life is only about you. I do care about the profession and its future. The newer inspectors are the future. So lets just ask a question. Why don’t newer inspectors come here and hang out? Why do you see 100 posts saying. Hi, I am typically a lurker…why do they not join in? My guess would be they do not feel welcomed. What causes that? I would say its current active members, including myself.

I was just a nice thread of a guy who drove a total of 6 hours to see me work for 2 hours. I felt honored and priviledged for this and want him and those who WANT to be a part of something to be a PART of THIS something!

Why do people “need” thicker skin? Why can’t NACHi change? Why can’t we be kinder? What is the difference between what goes on here and Bullying? So we pick on the weak? AWESOME…like I say, let the fun begin!