RamJack

I was wondering if any of you have inspected any homes that have had Ram Jack make repairs and if their repairs were effective. I recently inspected one of these homes. Once the client saw the cracks I photographed the deal was blown. I can’t say if the cracks were new or old. The repairs were made in 1999. The homeowner has had trouble selling the home. They have a lifetime warranty on the repairs. The warranty is transferable to a new homewoner.

I’ve never experienced with Ram Jack, but they do offer a lifetime warranty.

If the repair appears to be holding up, simply tell your clients to obtain all paperwork related to this particular repair before close of escrow. Also, have them contact Ram Jack and research their warranty.

Thanks David.

While I am not familiar with RamJack in particular, I am familiar with light/medium duty steel foundation piles/anchors which is commonly used to repair foundation footing settlement (piles) and wall overloading (anchors). I have designed/specified these systems on some projects, and it is generally a very effective repair option if correctly designed and installed.

Although any cracking that initiated the repair most likely should also have been repaired, I guess it’s possible that it wasn’t. If the cracking was originally repaired, and has re-cracked, it may indicate that the original repair wasn’t effective.

There should be design and installation documentation to go along with the warranty paperwork which could also be requested.

http://www.ramjackin.com/warranty/index.html

click warranty

read ‘warranty transfer’ fee etc…

see exclusions and, i`d certainly ask them if they waterproofed crack(s) from the Outside and, backfilled with peastone.

Another honorable foundation company. Did you read the exclusions? Incredible! A broken wall should be rebuilt.
www.integritywaterproofing.com

Some of the repair prices I have been quoted in Phoenix for collapsing soil it would be cheaper to move the house, stabilize the soil, pour a new post-tension slab, and slide the house back.

Thanks for the info. Some cracks were sealed some were not. I tend to believe that they were new cracks. My client ran like the wind from this house and I made no effort to stop him. I feel sorry for the homewoner. On another note I saw no damage to the interior walls. They were in very good condition actually.

I have inspected a house that I knew had been underpinned. I made a comment in my report that the buyer should obtain from the seller all documents and or warranties pertaining to the underpinning repair.

The foundation looked OK to me, but you could see signs of reapirs.

My client was fully aware of the warranty. The fact that the home had structural repairs and the associated warranty was actually in the public MLS listing. The seller made no effort to hide the problems. The home had a few other issues but nothing major. Nice home if not for the repairs.

Displacement.jpg

Displacement.jpg

Crack8.jpg

Crack3.jpg

Front Home.jpg