Rheem Air handler Toonage Question

I have a Rheem condeser model number of RPNE -042-JAZ (3-1/2 ton) and an Air handler Model number of RBHK-24JH11NFB. I can’t find the air handler listed in the Preston’s guide. Does anyone know the tonnage of this air handler. I have seen a tread in another board stating it is a 5 ton unit.

2 ton

Were you able to find that in Prestons and if so, where?

Thank you,

It’s in the model number RBHK-***24***JH11NFB divided by 12=tonnage.
Do you see the number divisible by 12 in the other model number?

Linas is correct. :slight_smile:

3-1/2 and 2 ton respectively.

FROM MODEL # - Air conditioning equipment capacity from model number

Example: Carrier A/C Compressor Condenser Model# 38XD12400 (same unit as used for the serial number example above), there is variation in how Carrier assigned these numbers but typically the numbers indicate either tonnage or MBTUH. This example has digits in the 4th and 5th positions (right hand 5 digits), so the rating is in MBTUH for this number and “24” signifies 24 MBTUH or 2 tons of capacity.

http://inspectapedia.com/aircond/aircond03.htm

That is true for the Condenser, however in the case of Rheem Air handler, I have seen two other responses. One is the 24 = cabinet width and the 24 = 4 tons and 25 = 5 tons. I’m wondering why it isn’t listed in Prestons? The 24 = 4 tons makes sense as the HVAC contractor that installed the unit is claiming the air handler matches the condenser. I’d really like to find something to confirm this.

Thank you

You can check out the HVAC Forum. They respond pretty fast.

All I can say;
http://www.bestinspector.com/ACLearning

Rheem or Ruud

Capacity: Look for those elusive two digits in the model number (usually, but not always) divisible by 6 and divide by 12 to convert to tons.
Example: RPGC-037JA = 3 ton

Age: Four digits of serial number indicate date of manufacture where first two indicate the week and the third and fourth are the year. In the 1960s and early ‘70s this was the last four digits. More recently date of manufacture information is found closer to the middle of the serial number.
Example: xxxx1872 = 18th week of 1972
______:slight_smile:

RBHK-24JH11NFB.

I am pretty sure it is 4 ton.

Nope! The numbers on the AHU is not about tonnage. It is AHU width.

That AHU can be used on up to 5 ton…

correct

Russell, Welcome aboard on the other place!

I guess Mike may have a lower daily post average now…:shock:

:-;; Well, maybe not! :roll:

Yea, I am starting to see where all the talent is migrating too and I see the writing on the wall. NACBI is a good bunch of guys and I am glad I joined.

most 5 ton installs are 30"