Ridge cap orientation

I was discussing these bridge caps today The realtor says they’re fine, I say they’re installed backwards due to the fact that water coming off the adjacent roof could be directed under the caps.

I also noted improper fasteners. I really like the teeny tiny little small head nails at the edge of the ridge caps. Those are the same nails used to attach the roof vents down.

1 Like

Of course he would say that…$$$

I agree with you and the manufacturer.



Thanks Larry. Half the houses that I could see more oriented this way the other half oriented the proper way.

You’re welcome, Cory. :smile:

Have the realtor put that in writing :wink:
Why should you care what an agent says anyway?

That looks like a ridge vent.

1 Like

No vent, just high profile ridge/hip shingles.

1 Like