Sisting Agent called

Got a call today from the listing agent on an inspection I did yesterday. The buyer backed out because of the inspection. She didn’t understand why.

I did get the buyers permission to talk to her.

I told her I don’t know exactly what made them back out but I would tell her what I found.

Foundation-Stone,signs of patching and sandy joints. I told her there was a pool of water on the floor coming from the wall.
She said “well yes but the disclosure stated it leaked 6 years age but they patched it”

Electrical-FPE panel,some wiring not attached to ceiling,bad breaker (it hissed when I turned it on) for upstairs baseboard heat in two bedrooms and two sub panels with glass fuses. I referred for further evaluation by a licensed electrician.
She said “but it was installed by an electrician” maybe 30 years age.

Sun room-Wet area along east wall, bottom several inches starting to rot.
She said “they had some leakage before but they fixed it” you wonder if they listen.

There were other not so major problems but that it where I stopped.

She then wanted a copy. I told her the buyer has the report plus two copies (I do this so I’m not making and delivering copies) and she would have to get it from them.

I may never get another referral from her but there’s always other agents that have deal killer inspectors.

Bill

By the way 5 inspections this week and three had FPE panels.

Well I can’t spell, It’s Listing Agent.

I’ve had spurts of FPE panels before too… sometimes months without one then boom… three or four in a row…

We are just here to inform… business has been slow here… strangely slow… eerie slow… uh ohhhh now I’m scared!!! :shock:

Good, I thought maybe your were inspecting a chapel or something. No, that still wouldn’t have been right would it?

http://www.cadillacnews.com/articles/2006/03/16/news/news01.txt

I refuse to explain anything (pertaining to the home inspection) to the Listing agent. I tell them to contact the buyers agent. End of story.

100% of the homes (listed on the MLS) here in Massachusetts have the listing agent on site (for the home inspection) anyways. As long as it’s not a FSBO home.

Quote:
Electrical-FPE panel,some wiring not attached to ceiling,bad breaker (it hissed when I turned it on) for upstairs baseboard heat in two bedrooms and two sub panels with glass fuses. I referred for further evaluation by a licensed electrician.

Bill,
Why did you turn on a breaker that was off? Personally I never do it, the reason is that I don’t know why it is off. There may be a really good reason and I don’t want to find out the hard way.
I do write up that the breaker was off and recommend that the reason / problem be identified by the home owner or a lic. electrician.
The only time I ever turn on a breaker is when I have accidently turned it off while removing the cover from the panel, which does happen once in a while. :sad:

Anatol