Site CMI en Français

To make this thread clear, I requested this from Nick and he immediately answered (“It’s under way!”) and this will be an effective “foot in the door”, not only towards our upcoming request to the OACIQ, (the Quebec Governing Authority over all real estate brokers) to be recognized as a group, but to ALL InterNACHI members who have a use for French.

Let me express our thanks to Nick and Alysse for their immediate service!

Gilles

I forgot, MAÎTRE INSPECTEUR is better…
G

Fine be difficult you guys make it harder all the time I have to understand something written by someone French even if it is WRITTEN in English.
But you guys probably say the same thing about us. LOL
THE HOUSE IS RED or THE RED HOUSE still means the same.:smiley:

Fine be difficult you guys make it harder all the time I have to understand something written by someone French even if it is WRIITEN in English.
But you guys probably say the same thing about us. LOL
THE HOUSE IS RED or THE RED HOUSE still means the same.

Thanks Kevin, a good laugh is always appreciated…or is that appreciated always…

C’est quoi, ça ?:smiley:

Me thinks its a little demanding G.
Remember the king Speaks when he is ready.
To be far the election’s over and the populous spoke.:slight_smile:

Hows it going with the Quebec INACHI members G.
Everyone insured.
Even that is a great investment for the clients.

Just out of curiosity why not Certified Master INSPECTEUR?
Not all French vocabulary translates into English.
French language uses many instances English words or vocabulary in written text.
I myself do not reinvent the wheel but invest on reformulating the raw materials or manufacturing mould the wheel so it gets “longer life” for one.:wink:
Just say’en.

The MCI is a trade mark like McDonald, Bell Canada, Taco Bell :stuck_out_tongue: the government of Quebec have come to recognise as untouchable.
Even they can see the effects of TRADE MARKS BY LAW.

Maybe Roy Cooke that **holds the Trade Mark **should be asked if it is OK.

Hi Robert, moving very well and getting ahead…will keep people posted on the blog. Thanks to all.

Gilles

Not for translator’s who charge by words…:wink:

HA HA HA HA. Good point Marcel.
At 100 dollars an hour the CMI may take weeks and 10’s of thousands.:wink:

would sound better :

‘‘Maître Inspecteur’’ :mrgreen:

Inspecteur de maître décrit qu’un inspecteur de maison devrait être. Maîtriser la condition des composants d’une résidence est vendue. Quel devrait être d’autre prévu d’un Maître ? LOL.

Isn’t Master Inspector in French translated to (Inspecteur de maître )?

Is it my understanding that the request is to change it to a more English Version for the French speaking Canadians.?

Maître d’inspecteur

Cela est en arrière

:slight_smile:

Translation software is like using a GPS except much worse.

P.S.: Welcome back Patrick!

Well I am French and would not be the first time I have been called backwards arse, but translation is still the right way when it is said backwards to English.
I wish my slang French would be more appropriate to make my point across. :slight_smile:

I think you have Latin confused with French.:wink:

Chère Alysse Janet, merci!

Je suis en accord avec mon collègue Marcel Gratton pour dire que la désignation ‘‘Certifié Maître Inspecteur’’ soit tout à fait approprié comme désignation officielle. De plus je crois que le temps serait propice d’élaborer une identifications (CMI) sans langage et une version française CMI incluant la mention Certifié Maître Inspecteur au Québec.

This is a Trademark.
Please deal with it as such.
If you wish to confuse individuals go ahead.

The legal title has been trademarked by the federal government of Canada by Roy Cooke.
Please explain why it should change?
I am still at odds to why someone would want to break a law to satisfy a language.

The Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), an Agency of Industry Canada has awarded a Trademark for Certified Master Inspector (C.M.I.).

The approval process took two-and-a-half years and was facilitated by Certified Master Inspector Roy Cooke of Ontario. The Master Inspector Certification Board thanks Roy Cooke, CMI, for his efforts.

The mark is listed under the CIPO index: Residential, commercial and environmental inspection services. The mark is also a Registered U.S. Federal Certification mark.

Throughout the world, Certified Master Inspector (CMI) is the inspection industry’s top professional designation.

An I missing something here?

Hello Marcel, Marc André and all of the rest, yeah, havent been here in a long time loll, now i’m catching up on things!