Structural support beam in basement question

Thank you.

1 Like

WAFI stands for What A Fucking Idiot. It is abbreviated to stop the post from being removed.
This from an Awards Committee member.
As well, this rude professional behavior is why many many valued InterNACHI members stop using the message board.

Mark. They can have their opinion, but they can not create their own facts or alternative realities.
Sorry for this happening. I went on Question Of The Week to lend some support and should have known better.

Keep well.

1 Like

Here are a few more examples Kenton for others to use.

1297716504916_ORIGINAL
hb136QA01-01_lg
hb136QA01-02_lg

5 Likes

45x45 ROBERT YOUNG, CMI ryoung7 Regular
August 4

mcyr:

Big deal

And you call yourself an inspector. LOL!

Compared to you, I would say many time over and no comparison. And that is not bragging. I forget more than you will ever know.

1 Like

Just recommend a structural engineer evaluate when in doubt. We are not engineers don’t guess.

2 Likes

Mark … As several have mentioned, when tripled joists are combined to make a beam or girder … the joints are not aligned (more prone to sag, etc) but staggered. Most framers are not machines and most are not union OR vo-tech formally trained, etc. The vast majority I’ve ever met over 53 yrs in construction related fields got their field training from watching “Old Harry” for a few months or even a year or so … then going off on their own, so their nailing AND installation knowledge can be all over the board. In most of the 6-7 states I’ve lived in and built in … if we were in doubt of proper nailing / installation methods we would consult with a licensed competent GC

1 Like

As you see I removed the post but you still wish to post it? Yep, alternative facts.
There was a time when you would correct members civilly.
So you are a better home inspector/inspection company, not that I care.
How’s your company doing in the town you live in Marcel? Any awards, other than InterNACHI’S, you wish to share with the members? Been on TV lately? :wink:
So make up facts and do your dambest Marcel. I think you are nothing more than someone who helped InterNACHI along with the 10’s of others. Many of whom that where chased off the message board by unprofessional attacks and were chassed from InterNACHI by committee members only to be reinstated by Nick Gromicko when he became aware of the situation. And that’s a very said statement.

Lighten up Marcel.
Best to you and your wife.
Keep well.
Robert

Great post Dan. Wonderful explanation. Bravo!

Settle down WAFI
Best to you & your husband
Sincerely ~ go to hell

ps… … You & Roy have 2 things in common - both your brains are dead

2 Likes

Earlier on we didn’t use adhesive. Later on we did. But it was PL 400, which after about 8 years becomes brittle and can fail if something like an impact happens (not likely in a girder). Man, I framed InterNACHI’s Houses of Horror 1 and 2 at 65 and 66. Now I’m 69 and the days of working bent over for hours for me are gone, and Good Riddance!

1 Like

YOW! Marcel did you take this photo? It’s a scary one!

I can relate to that Kenton. LOL

No, got that online somewhere. It sure puts the point across though.