SW ASHI may be closing it's doors

As a non-member I did not have many choices as to where to put this thread…

I have heard that the local ASHI chapter IE… SW ASHI is having a meeting tomorrow as to whether or not they should close down the local chapter for good. It seems like it is going to be a done deal, but that’s just a roomer and what do I know.

If this is true, and it most likely is, it seems that the ASHI folks have realized that in a State that has the same requirements for all HI’s it is getting to be pointless to spend the monies to boast of your affiliation with ASHI or any other Org. when none of the agent or clients care. All they want to know is > **do you have a current licence with the State of Arizona.
It will be interesting to see what happens here.

I will let you know what happened, if and when I find out.:mrgreen:

Best to you all in these hard times.

WOW!!! got a red box for this as soon as I posted it…:mrgreen::mrgreen:

ASHI member???:roll:

So sorry to hear that is not the best of News .
Thanks very much for letting us know and do appreciate most of your posts.
… Cookie . Would appreciate any more info you get.

Ahh, the way I see it is that it is a loss for all HI’s in this area as they have very good meetings with very good speakers, other than that it is in the best interest of ASHI “not ASHI HI’s” as I said they have good informative meetings. It will be a loss to all local Hi’s if it turns out to be true.

I hope it is BS

I should know by Thursday…

OOOps , could have gave the mole away…

By the way, how goes things Roy?

I still want to give you those 30 red boxes…:p:p:p:p:p

I miss you folks, but that’s the way it works sometimes.

[quote=tallen]

If this is true, and it most likely is, it seems that the ASHI folks have realized that in a State that has the same requirements for all HI’s it is getting to be pointless to spend the monies to boast of your affiliation with ASHI or any other Org. when none of the agent or clients care. All they want to know is > do you have a current licence with the State of Arizona.

[quote]

I find that a weak arguement and would go to show the quality of the organization and their inspectors for there are many other professions where all of the people that practice that profession have to have a standard state license a couple quick examples; architect, doctors, engineers, dentists, etc. yet they have their own respective org’s that they are proud to promote (AIA, AMA, ADA, ETC)even to the point that products that are sold in similar fields are branded with ADA certified. So in my opinion it is not a testament to what people don’t care about but shows either the lack of quality or knowledge spread the professionals of said org. and I am not just referring to ashi but to any that would have that belief.

Sorry just strikes a cord with me that people find a way to try and knock down those who like to learn and grow from others in their profession and become better at what they do and maybe even better people at times.

Thank you

[quote=bschumacher]

HUH? It was not an argument , just my** personal **oppinion of **why it is happening.

**Geez, I am just telling things as I see them, and I see fairly well. 15/45 both eye’s

Hi Todd. Still inspecting?

Todd…Are you talking about AZ ASHI??
Where in the heck did you hear this??:roll: :roll:
As a member of AZ ASHI active in attending board meetings, AZ ASHI CO- Central District person , and AZ ASHI membership chairperson … I think this is wishful thinking of some non ASHI member, truth is the chapter continues to grow, provides valuable CE from local professionals, has long time established inspectors committed to help all AZ inspectors, along with resources and funds to help AZ and AZ ASHI inspectors that make the commitment to acquiring valuable CE succeed for a long time.

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Hi Harris. Hows life.

Doing Great :smiley: :smiley:
Just love it when I get the same reply We hired you because your an ASHI member] from over 50% of my new customers, when I ask them why they chose me.

Dan
Are you Drinking again?

That’s Bull$hit and you know it. The client doesn’t give a dam about affiliation,all they care about is the bottom line… price.
</IMG></IMG>

Haven’t had a drink in years, prior to that it was always very little.
Truth is , Educated clients do give a dam about affiliation, you just have to be affiliated with the right org locally and nationally to find that out. :wink:
</IMG>

Don’t you mean Realtor referred customers?

Don’t feel bad.
I got a red box for posting about this Thur’s CE 3 hr. seminar open to All AZ inspectors for $15.00 that includes all the food you can eat and all the non alcoholic drinks you can drink.:roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Nope… Member of NHIA, only once marketed a realtor that was over 6 yrs ago. Took donuts to the presenation, felt dirty after doing it, Got one inspection from that office, killed the deal , customer hired me again latter on a fisbo, and never heard back from her or any one in that office.

kkkbvvcddd

Oh come on Dan you know you have a Realtor there right now for dinner…:twisted::twisted::twisted::p:p:p:p

Hi Dan,

Oh that is funny…:smiley:

Hope all is well…I been sending a lot of customers your way in case nobody mentioned (new construction)…I’m not allowed on many builders property anymore…they said I’m too picky and have killed some of their deals just because they install an 1/8 of an inch of stucco or forget to flash windows with Hardy Siding…:smiley: :smiley:

I figured you could kill a few deals until they want $1,000,000.00 and $1,000,000.00 in excess liability from you also…:smiley: :smiley:

Their doing everything possible to keep me away…:smiley: :smiley:

I love this business…:lol: