The ultimate home inspector advertising message for Florida in 2011.

I do not like to be told I cannot do something I am qualified to do.

Nobody is telling you that you cannot do what you are qualified to do. They are simply informing you of the restrictions that apply, if you choose to do them.

There is not currently a restriction and I would like to see it stay that way.

Florida-no, Nachi (and others)-yes.

Jack Kevorkian feels the same way.

Maybe jack could help you out.

Is that a ‘death threat’? :shock:

Not from me. Not even close.

Somewhere in Florida there is a drug dealing prostitute that will agree with you, as well.

We have laws to protect us from people who think the way you do. The loophole that want to exploit in the law…as it exists today…is not going to be sanctioned by any legitimate association.

You are simply a square peg trying to fit into a round hole…and trying to convince the others who fit that they should become square pegs, too. I don’t think you are getting anywhere with that.

Certainly, any crook who might agree with you is going to be smart enough to refrain from doing it publicly.

I think you should be more appreciative to the last women who let you touch her.

Wow. Did you make that one up all by yourself?

You must have. Your grammar is incorrect.

I’m surprised that you are such a sore loser since you have obviously had a lot practice at it.

I am currently inspecting and am typing on the go. At least you were able to figure it out. I will give you a gold star for the day.

Perhaps if, while you were on the job you paid more attention to your inspection than the message board, you could be better at both.:wink:

I’m in the process of rebuilding my website…

Smart.

Mike, Then stop inspecting homes and go into the repair business. You want to have your cake and eat it to.

Naaa, I have already earned the right to do both if I choose.

Which is why the law needs to be changed. Thank you for illustrating that…just in case any Florida legislators who might be thinking that this matter should be left up to professional associations to enforce might be monitoring these discussions.

As long as there are contractors who are allowed, like you, to disguise themselves as professional home inspectors…the buyer and the seller is at risk of negotiating a selling price or conditions over nothing more than a mere job bid from an out-of-work contractor posing as a home inspector.

You are the poster child for the need to have a law that would limit your option to be unethical and harmful to the public, as well as to our profession, “if you choose”.

A judge is qualified and licensed (by virtue of having passed the bar) to provide legal services to one of the parties in his courtroom too. Just because you are qualified and licensed to do something, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be prohibited from doing it.

Under FS 468 no inspector or Building Code Official can do contracting. Under FS 489 no contractor can do inspections. No A/E can inspect their own design for code compliance.

It is sad that the mind set of this country has turned to scamming, anyway, anywhere and the hell with ethical standards. Is this the fall of Rome, will history repeat itself?