Thermal camara

Someone wrote an article about this and posted it in several other threads… :wink:

Thank you very much

From, what I learned it all matters what you want to do with it.

email me if you want a salesman’s email or Johns contact info. I would NEVER consider purchasing one without training. I forgot if you mentioned if you had training or not :slight_smile:

David Anderson ask me once if he could start teaching my class and I said no. Ever since then he has attacked our class. Nuff said. I realize he cannot help it.

I recently had a Level III thermographer/teacher sit through our entire infrared webinar class. This was part of his glowing review he gave us for our class.
http://www.infrared-certified.com (our class is LIVE and cost $400)

by **Erich Black (via email)**                                      
             *To John McKenna

When I sat in on your program, I found it to be very high quality & professional.*

Below is little info on Mr Black…

http://www.tomwblack.com/training_main.html

Black & Associates provides World Class Training Courses…
Level I, II, and III

• Customer on site thermographic training
  • Specifically tailored programs
  • Hardware and software training
  • Hands on
  • Practical demonstrations along with power point training
  • Conducted by certified Level-III thermographer
  • Certificates and laminated wallet cards
  • Flexibility in location, start times with an emphasis toward work schedules
  • Cost savings

Mr Black’s previous clients for infrared certification include:

Large Public Utilities
Department of Defense (DOD)
U.S. Army
Underwriting Insurance Companies
School Systems
Engineering Companies
Large Industrial Customers

Might only be the E-4, but I am still doing the “IRISH JIG”

pic’s here #1 is with MSX

#2 is without MSX
                #3 is without Infrared

:cool:

Mr. Black as direct relation to an IR equipment vendor that you send students to, certainly wouldn’t bite the hand that feeds him now would he. Just wouldn’t make good business sense. :wink:

John does you salesman have a page where ALL his deals and offers are in ONE spot? If so please post a link.

He is not allowed to post his discounted prices in public.

Ok thanks.

Keep up the same old lies John.

And because you declined to let me “help” you, you spent 6 years teaching that white paint reflects…

I know it hurt your feelings to hear that you were not allowed to teach my class, but the evidence of your real motives and desire for self elevation is seen now. Over the years many InterNACHI courses have had little “clerical” errors corrected. That is what you called it, not me. Our class was examined by a Level III expert and he stated we are doing a really good job with out class.

Your lack of self elevation is my problem about you and your “Certified” program…

You seem to have a great memory for your twisted conversation, by not much for the truth.

One more time…

I did not ask to teach your damn class. I offered to help you out in Nashville (only) for a Real Estate gig you were talking about doing.

Your class was just starting out and needed help. But just like now, you refuse any help and do nothing on “self elevation” within your chosen career.

You ask me if you could teach the class and I said no. Plain and simple. BTW… you asked to teach my class while you were still not qualified to be a teacher, according to the standards you say are now so important. Hmmmm.

Because you felt insulted, you have attacked me ever since, for teaching the very class that you wanted to teach (but were denied).

It was a good class when you wanted to teach it, but it became bad when you were told no.

We had our class evaluated by a world class Level III trainer and he said our class was very good. He is much more qualified than you.

If you know so much, go out and provide everyone a solution. Lets see you start teaching your own class. But please stop bashing others.

I’m only bashing “you”.
Not your course, you. Simple.

How do you know what my feelings are?

You love to quote Level III guys either saying they’re not qualified to do home inspections or that your course is wonderful. Show me…

If I was not qualified to be a teacher and teach your course, then how the hell were you? We both took the same course.

The difference is I am now a level III, you are not. I have someone’s written opiniion that I have certain qualification, you have your own opinion of yourself. I learned why white paint shows up on galvanized metal. You still call it a clerical error…

I do provide a solution. I spend countless hours on the telephone (for free) with NACHI inspectors seeking Thermal Information before they make the all important decision of their business plan. I have no Idea why they would call me, do you?

After all, I’m just running around here trying to look good…

Someone who has self respect allows others to see their good works and that is how they are admired.

Someone who has to bash others every time they get a chance (your sarcasm and attacks on many posters is known far and wide) in order to make himself look good… has no self respect. They feel like a failure and their only relief comes in mocking others.

Level III is to be admired. If you also know about buildings then you can inspect them with IR. If your Level III and are ingnorant of buildings, then your still not qualified to be an IR building inspector. This is not mocking Level III.

Our class was evaluated by a world class Level III person, who also trains all levels of thermography, with clients all the way to the white house the highest levels of our gov’t, military and world wide industries. He sat through my entire class and gave us a glowing approval

You could use to enhance your Home Inspections by locating leaks, missing insulation. I do not own one, but have always wanted to do IR.

My thoughts… Basic training for Home Inspection, intro to IR, Inachi certifications…Go through John, Nachi, buy a camera from a 3K to 7K range.

Building Diagnostics, energy audit, commercial get level 1 through 3 advanced training and purchase the best camera you can afford.

I am doing or about to start Jim’s Building Inspectors course tomorrow.
You are quite right about Level one and auxiliary inspections.
That is where the money is.
Infraspection also arm you with templates and proposals.
If you wish to make better financial dollars the package is required and can pay your equipment off in one inspection at times.

Any here heard of or owners an E8?
I personally would like more in the software end but I am just wondering.

Nice camera.
Best to you with your business.

Best post here.
Nice post David.

David Anderson and others, not many can afford 10 to 14 K upfront.

Mr. Meeker, think soundly and without prejudice.
Best thought I can offer you tonight.
I left you a reference on a post about the course I am doing now. you get the same Logo and can use the Infraspection seal as well.
PS: Say hello to John for me.

Guys, Its hard enough to become successful honestly in any direction of this industry without getting slammed for it.
Ease off on John’s success.
I will never understand that mentality.

Not disagreeing… a question I guess.

Many HI’s want so desperately to get into this stuff, and garner the same money as those with proper education and tools of the trade. Remember the fury of activity with the iPhone camera that is forthcoming?

Why should they/inspectors get the same, when the consumer get’s less? I don’t think this will work it’s way out for awhile, and consumer’s know even less when hiring a pro. The proverbial bar being lowered may be a black eye in long run anyway… but, this technology seems to have limitless uses and the longer I’m using it, the more doors that are opening and different things become clearer. If I went about it in reverse…say bought less equipment and training than I needed… which direction does that go?

As attractive as it is… the idea of buying tools that barely meet the needs of what you are buying them for, ultimately serve you and your customer less than going other routes… Think about it, it’s true for just about anything that you’d buy, and definitely relevant for any of us that were tradespeople or contractors (should be easy to understand for that crowd, I’d think). Conversely, some of the paths presented are contrary to my thinking… but not to say that they are of no benefit either.