Today's Home

What is inside this panel

in panels.jpg

panel 1s.jpg

Is it okay to repair the sewer drain this way, if we don’t mind the leak.

plumbing repair s.jpg

Brother, that appears to be mouse nest. Was there a missing knockout?

No sir, wrong answer,it took me a bit to realize what it was. Look at the top part near the red wire connection.

Anyone else???


You got it!!! That is a bat wing touching a 220 positive connection. Bats can only handle 110.
You win a beer! As you are so far away, I will drink it for you!

David. How did you get into my basement? :twisted:


No, no, no, the flying kind… Not the mother-in-law:mrgreen:

My guess is a Bat, not a mouse. :shock:


Yep! a bat… look at the top of the wing touching the red connection…the body is on the neutral bar… bet you never saw a bat with shorts before???:mrgreen:

A truly shocking story.:wink:

Electrifying to say the least!

Maybe its just me - but I would also call out the excessive (exposed) bare copper (white) wire on the upper right side of your photo.

Appreciate any comments - pros/cons

I pointed that out as well as the fact that there are double taps, openings in the panel, and grounds not connected properly. I mark it as " Have a qualified electrical contrator check entire system."


I’m going to take a wild guess here…no I’m going to give you an educated guess.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s a little water leaking from the drain anyway? Think of all the money saved not having to buy a humidifier for the furnace. The savings may be offset by the large purchases of air freshener though.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

And here is some of the basement… The panel had the old push button circuit breakers, I hit the one for the sump pump, and heard a loud “pop” over at the pump. The realtor said the pump just probably needed to be adjusted a bit. The whole perimeter finish was totally decayed and smelled so bad, I thought I found Jimmy Hoffa.

No Mario, it was a bat,

basement3 s.jpg

basement2 s.jpg

Good work - always pays to call out what you see!

Yea…but did you call for an inspection by an exterminator??? Bats are a nasty business…where you see one…there are usually many more…they love to get into the walls…and their droppings can become toxic !!! There has been many posts of news reports lately…search the MB…